Buhrer the tip for player to emerge.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I get the impression we are going to see Jamie Buhrer really emerge this season as a player of the future. He has impressed so far in the trials and has the ability to be a great utility player off the bench. He can play hooker,backrow and I think he will really show his talents this season. Out of the other players Cunningham could be the prop we are looking for to replace Perry and I can't believe how big Lussick is I hope he can translate his size into a powerful player.

Totally agree with that Mick. A lot of people have made the Buhrer - G.Stewart connection & while I don't think will be that good Buhrer should still develop into a handy player for us. I would love for him to get some game time at hooker as he could turn into a great bench player if he can play at an NRL level there.

Very keen to see how Cunningham turns out in the NRL. Lots of potential & success in the lower grades coupled with an NRL ready build seems like a recipe for success. We wont know until he gets some game time though. I'd be happy if he started on the bench from week 1. Had high hopes for Cross but he's been dismal during his entire stay here.

Lussick has been disapointing for me. Not due to his play but that lack of chances given to him by Des. Big fan of his work in the u20s & was stoked to think that we were going to get to see him carve it up in the NRL last year. Surely he'll get a shot early on this year.

Well he is certainly good at sitting on a bench, let's hope he has something to offer if, and when, Des ever asks him to get off it. 

Buhrer used to be a hooker in lower grades!! Maybe this year is for Lussick. Great to hear Lussick mentioned with Hoppa and Cunningham. If Peters would have mentioned Mauro in that group I think it would have been a general boost up, but really, Hop and Cunningham are potential stars. Cunningham has gained loads of size as well, he had that real lean look last year but in trial I had to re-check Cunningham's number because he looked a different person.

Still not sure of Buhrer, no real leg drive in this years trial, gets hit and straight down (like Kite) he didn't make many metres, may still be bit young, sorta like Glenn in early days. Imagine Burgess on Buhrer, not yet, 2012?? That's why Des didn't really put him on, no body else

Also, In sg ball, 18's we have 2 really big and mobile props so hopefully they can progress to Roosters squad  ;D ;)

I don't think Lussick's lack of opportunity is Des' fault. He's had a bad run with injury over the last year or so. He looks to be back this year so his time will come.

What do you guys think the chances are of Des bringing Buhrer on to give Matty a spell this year? I'd hope he gives it a shot because Buhrer could play 20 minutes at hooker & another 20 -30 in the back row. Nothing against Seu Seu but he would only be useful for 20 minutes at hooker & cover for if a half gets injured. It maximises our bench value to play Buhrer over Seu Seu, if Des trusts his #9 work.

and don't forget Liam Higgins (last years Toyots cup hooker)  who I think will definitely surprise many on here. Plays similar to Matt, really great passing game, nice kicker both long and short, still bit young but may replace Ballin one day if he keeps progressing.

Notice the Matthews team beat Illawarra yesterday - that is good feat after beating Panthers the week before - must a few good young players in that squad

yeah, I did a wrap in an earlier post this morning, really worked well as a team, top effort, biggest prop we have too

I have no idea how people actually rated Willo,he might have been loyal but his skills were lacking,catching and ball control during contact were a big worry everytime he took the ball

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8