Buhrer @ 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Buhrer reminds me of a young beaver and beaver played 5/8 with ease. He has good footwork and defence and will give lockyear plenty to think about on Sunday

Think we will find that Killer and Ferris will swap positions a fair amount on Sunday.

God, for someone that knows everything and is omnipresent, your use of IF is rather interesting. I would haved said WHEN myself, but then I am not God.

I watched the NSW Cup game on Saturday at Brooky. Please no to Seu Seu - he was terrible apart from the right hook he gave just before full time! Liam seemed injured for most of the game but did add some spark when he came on for the last 15 minutes.

Canteen Worker said:
God, for someone that knows everything and is omnipresent, your use of IF is rather interesting. I would haved said WHEN myself, but then I am not God.

God try's not to get involved in God's teams legal matters, so he doesnt alienate all his followers (he also likes to speak in the third person from time to time).

Stewart Bros play like additional playmakers, without them, I'm thinking we will be relying on a playing a strong defensive game. Manly 12 -8

We were never a chance in this game, "irregardless" of who plays.
The refs will flog us to make sure that "King Darren the unworthy" gets his premiership send off. I was always tipping the donkeys in this one, even before last week.
Who cares, we just have to belt them around enough to take a few out.

With any luck we'll have all the lads back for the GF & so will Melbourne & we can have a proper final without the unworthy one's press enterage getting in the way.

Duff said:
We were never a chance in this game, "irregardless" of who plays.
The refs will flog us to make sure that "King Darren the unworthy" gets his premiership send off. I was always tipping the donkeys in this one, even before last week.
Who cares, we just have to belt them around enough to take a few out.

With any luck we'll have all the lads back for the GF & so will Melbourne & we can have a proper final without the unworthy one's press enterage getting in the way.

I agree. Thats why I think last weeks win was so important. We will be lucky to get a knock on, forward pass, offside, let alone a penalty call go our way on Sunday.

The strange thing is, maybe finishing outside the top 2 and playing an extra game in finals might help us get some players back for the GF.

God said:
Canteen Worker said:

God try's not to get involved in God's teams legal matters, so he doesnt alienate all his followers (he also likes to speak in the third person from time to time).

God, you're cracking me up; it is early Wednesday morning and I'm waking up the family laughing at your glorious pearls of wisdom. However, forgive me, I had a moment of doubt about your holiness; I was impressed with your use of an apostrophe for the possessive noun for God, rather than using it for God's teams, but where I started to doubt was when you initially wrote try's instead of tries.
Forgive me, my Lord, for I have sinned.
(And on second thoughts you should drop the s from team as well, but I'm open to your rebuke on that one) :p:argue:

captainskin said:
God said:
Canteen Worker said:

God, you're cracking me up; it is early Wednesday morning and I'm waking up the family laughing at your glorious pearls of wisdom. However, forgive me, I had a moment of doubt about your holiness; I was impressed with your use of an apostrophe for the possessive noun for God, rather than using it for God's teams, but where I started to doubt was when you initially wrote try's instead of tries.
Forgive me, my Lord, for I have sinned.
(And on second thoughts you should drop the s from team as well, but I'm open to your rebuke on that one) :p:argue:

I was thinking about His punctuation as well BUT He did create everything, including grammar and punctuation so perhaps WE have lost our way and what He says was always the way things should have been? He is God, after all!!!

Manly's got a great supporter base, GOD and JESUS and both poster's on this forum!!!

And Melbourne's a big hit with the Prince of Darkness.

To answer the initial Post question, Jamie Buhrer has played 5/8th for the SCSE in quite a few games, and was very good.

re the broncos game maybe.

But, even though I would vote for cliffy for pm, in terms of replacing g stewart in the right side attack for however many remaining games until he's back, maybe getting snake to chime in there more when they go that way is the best move. He tends to prefer the left side attack (probably to supplement the less wily but more physical Matai approach) but he might have to do extra duty on the right. That way lyon can stay outside and do his stuff with a winger, probably hopoate.

At this stage the forward replacement for g stewart should be a tackling machine who can run some holes: buhrer. T rex to be the bench impact still with georgie. hope we get lussick back this year; I'd like to see him in the 17 if we make it to gf. For the start of the finals my pack is:

kite ballin gnulavao
watmough rodney
buhrer

bench: rose, T-rex, robinson, mauro

still pretty potent if not quite as skilful. I'm seeing a lift in kite, watmough and rodney's back up to speed now. joe g's been strong all year, along with ballin.

not quite as much talent on the bench but plenty of grunt and some impact.

we have players who have played and produced the goods in big games before, all across the park: ballin, kite, watmough, foran, lyon and matai, robinson, hoppa and the prince of brooky. the halves are a bit green but it sure as **** helps if you have all these guys around.

Masked Eagle said:
Eaglette Fan said:
To answer the initial Post question, Jamie Buhrer has played 5/8th for the SCSE in quite a few games, and was very good.

But so did Tony Williams didn't he?

Yes, they both did, but I think TREX only played twice for them at 5/8th, including in the 2009 GF. Buhrer played there a few more times than that alongside DCE.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4