• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Does anyone think like me that it is a farce that the Federal Govt taxes us through the nose both directly and indirectly, cutting business tax and slugging us PAYE earners, then at budget time they offer some of it back, still haveing a surplus of 15 billion and are cynical enough to think we should thank them.

Why do we have to wait till election year to expect a one off payment back that will be reversed as soon as they are voted back in?

Sadly the 'bribe' will dull enough people to get them in another term.

How about the cash advance that will arrive just before election time to allow families to dump their students at Eddie Groves' battery hen farms (aka ABC Childcare Centres).

It is a national scandal.

the one off pensioner rebate, if thats not an old people vote bribe then what is.

The tax rebate was billed to help low and middle income earners, my bet is high income earners also get their piece of the pie.

The increase in super co-contributions for this year only is also pretty cynical.

But I do have to be honest....this could be the greatest budget ever (which it is no where near) and Adolf Hitler could be the opposition leader (ummmm), and I would probably still vote labor!!

What is so ****ing wrong with this government FFS.

Anyone with two eyes and decent hearing add can realise that Kevin Rudd will have Australia on is ass by the time his term is up. Like his party have performed a miracle and stop in fighting right as he arrived. Give me a break they will tear this country to pieces and spend every cent the Howard mod have gained and in 3 years time we will be begging for him to piss of.

Short memories everyone.

Everyone is so whiney and all against even getting a tax break because look at all those billions. Fancy a government getting a 15Billion profit. Anyone would think they're trying to run a country.

Well in fact the only australian government to ever have a surplus of money is the Howard government and so far these IR laws have done nothing to anyone I know. In fact my GF got her WPA the other day and its nothing put positives. Even rudd has backflipper and wants to keep it. Well, just make a few changes here so that the Unions can take the country back and **** with the economy until there isn't one.

So this government should be having a surplus its the highest taxing government ever in Australia.

Anyone with 1 eye and no hearing aid can tell that the rich are getting richer, the poor poorer and the country is following the US down the tiolet in general living standards, health, education and ethics.

There are plenty who have not been hurt with WPA's yet but there are already plenty who have. A lot of fast food chains have abolished all penalty rates for their workers, so now a school kid can earn **** all an hour working on a public holiday for 12 hours straight. How that can encourage anyone to get a job and start learning important life skills is beyond me.

This is budget is a bribe to the morons who cant see past their own little world.

I won't argue about how bad off Australian's are. We've been there before.

You think NSW should be a third world state.

I have not really looked at what was in last nights Budget, saw a few things in the paper as I waited for my morning coffee.

All politicians are wankers and both parties have good and bad points. I just love how some are so one eyed about a certain party, they support them like its a league team. lol If anyone is critical they fire up.

The second phase of tax cuts is due on July 1 next year. They will lift the threshold at which the 40 per cent tax rate cuts in from $75,000 to $80,000, and raise the top 45 per cent rate threshold from $150,000 to $180,000.

The changes will mean 80 per cent of Australian taxpayers will face a top tax rate of 30 per cent.

"The tax cuts are aimed squarely at middle Australia," Mr Costello told the Herald yesterday

Middle Australia must be those between 150K and 180K per year.

"low" income earners get SFA. You have to be earning between $30,000-$50,000 to see any benefit and there are plenty (the most needy) below that threshold.

\"low\" income earners get SFA. You have to be earning between $30,000-$50,000 to see any benefit and there are plenty (the most needy) below that threshold.

Whats the minimum wage for a adult nowdays? I would have thought it would be around $30k.

The way the australian tax system is set up means that high income earners will always benefit from any tax break.

The givernment upped tax for so so so so long and are now bringing it down. They set each term up so that they can offer this relief every election year.

Its time for a change

By the time the rich get looked after in the second phace due next year this is how the income tax has changed under howard.

$25,000pa: 1995 $4522, 2008 $3,230 = -5.17%
$50,000pa: 1995 $14102, 2008 $10,080 = -8.04%
$100,000pa: 1995 $37602, 2008 $26,080 = -11.52%
$200,000pa: 1995 $84,602, 2008 $62,080 = -11.26%

I wonder which end of town he has been looking after?

Low income earners might be appear 5% better off but they have been slugged with a GST of 10% on most items so they are really worse off.

What is so ****ing wrong with this government FFS.

Anyone with two eyes and decent hearing add can realise that Kevin Rudd will have Australia on is ass by the time his term is up. Like his party have performed a miracle and stop in fighting right as he arrived. Give me a break they will tear this country to pieces and spend every cent the Howard mod have gained and in 3 years time we will be begging for him to piss of.

Short memories everyone.

Everyone is so whiney and all against even getting a tax break because look at all those billions. Fancy a government getting a 15Billion profit. Anyone would think they're trying to run a country.

Well in fact the only australian government to ever have a surplus of money is the Howard government and so far these IR laws have done nothing to anyone I know. In fact my GF got her WPA the other day and its nothing put positives. Even rudd has backflipper and wants to keep it. Well, just make a few changes here so that the Unions can take the country back and **** with the economy until there isn't one.

Don't know many people Flip? Or only people not affected by the new IR laws? :roll:

Its fair enough comment Nodd, I dont know anyone effected by them either but most of my mates are white collar professionals and the ones that arnt white collar run their own businesses.

Low and middle income are the winners my arse.

Read the terror (liberal slanted) and the self funded retiree got nothing, the disabled person SFA and the students and apprentace 2K in dental rebates, if your teeth are fine thats another big fat nothing. On the other hand the two cases on 90K a year got more than $1500 back.

Yep, someone on 25K a year gets a huge $150 back yet someone else on 200K get more than 2 grand.

Just another **** sandwich on turkish bread to make it look good on the outside until you look into the guts of it.

By the time the rich get looked after in the second phace due next year this is how the income tax has changed under howard.

$25,000pa: 1995 $4522, 2008 $3,230 = -5.17%
$50,000pa: 1995 $14102, 2008 $10,080 = -8.04%
$100,000pa: 1995 $37602, 2008 $26,080 = -11.52%
$200,000pa: 1995 $84,602, 2008 $62,080 = -11.26%

I wonder which end of town he has been looking after?

Low income earners might be appear 5% better off but they have been slugged with a GST of 10% on most items so they are really worse off.

So since Howard came in he has reduced personal income tax, I thought he was the highest taxing government ever ;)

Of course the people that pay a higher rate of tax will get a greater chunk back, thats life. The highest tax bracket was way too high so when it gets reduced of course the higher income earners will benefit.

Exactly, no matter how much you earn, why should you have o pay more than everybody else to use the same roads, the same parks and facilites that taxes pay for.

Its a hard one to understand because obviously the less wealthy people need more and vice versa but thats just the way it is.

Should have listened in school and got a better job.

The precentage of Australians who earn a six figure salary is only about 4%. The percentage of Australians in the top tax bracket is cureently around 2%

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4