Brooky - or bust John Greco 02Aug07 Eagles Angels Debbie Watson (left) and Shelley Oates-Wilding are leading the charge for a semi-final at the Brookvale cauldron. Picture: ROS CANNON Eagles Angels Debbie Watson (left) and Shelley Oates-Wilding are leading the charge for a semi-final at the Brookvale cauldron. Picture: ROS CANNON CRISIS talks have been organised in a desperate attempt to ensure Brookvale Oval will for the first time host a Manly Sea Eagles semi-final. A dash for more cash by Warringah Council prompted the talks as fans feared the crunch game would be played off the northern beaches. The NRL says it will make a decision on a venue for the semi after they find out just what the council's demands are. The council will meet with the NRL next week but have assured worried Manly supporters they want the Sea Eagles' historic first home semi-final played at Brookvale. Warringah Council administrator Dick Persson told The Manly Daily the home final was not in doubt. Mr Persson said as it was the first final to be held at Brookvale it was a unique situation for the council. He said the council had suggested it take 15 per cent of gate receipts, sponsorships, hospitality and merchandising, but nothing was finalised. ``It still leaves 85 per cent (for the NRL), doesn't it? From our point of view, this is a chance to recover some of our subsidy,'' Mr Persson said. Councils usually are entitled to about 10 per cent of the gate takings for games. Asked if the match would be moved away from Brookvale if the council wanted a greater percentage of all takings, NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said: ``We would have to make a management decision at the time, but I don't want to speculate on it until we know what type of deal (the council) put to us.'' Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said he would fight for the semi-final to be at Brookvale Oval. ``We are doing everything possible to bring both the NRL and Warringah Council together to get the right result for the people of the peninsula who have supported the team throughout the season,'' Mr Mayer said. ``The council general manager (Rik Hart) has assured me the game will go ahead. ``Any move away from Brookvale Oval would be an absolute tragedy and we are adamant the game will remain at our spiritual home.'' Manly backrower Steve Menzies implored officials to let the team play the match here. ``We want to play at Brookvale Oval and I'm hopeful the council and the NRL will work something out,'' he said. Olympic water polo gold medallist and Eagles Angel Debbie Watson said it would be extremely sad if the game was taken away from Brookvale. ``There's such a great following at all the games,'' she said. ``It would be disappointing for everyone . . . the fans and the players.''