Brookvale woes continue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
According to the Tele yesterday Manly lost the opportunity to secure a very major (unnamed) sponsor because the corporate facilities at Brookvale are up to ****.  The sponsor went to another NRL club. 

Expect this to be a recurring refrain in coming months and years if the Brookvale Oval situation is not resolved. 

And in today's SMH there is talk of a side on the Sunshine Coast.  I wonder what inducements will be given to a relocation up there?  And is it not true that the Queensland Government are on the verge of pouring big dollars into the redevelopment of the ground up there?

We have buckleys chance of getting funding because Rudd is anti sport.  he thinks all children should wear glasses, use laptops (even though their buildings are falling down around them) and study in the library at weekends.

Iemma is a lost cause as well because he won't support a liberal area and only employs labor supporters in government positions.  Even if they were sacked from their previous job for sexual harrasment.

I agree, lets pack up and move, Brookvale is a lost cause.

Do we know if there is any fact to this story, is it just more propaganda coming from Narrabeen to keep the Brookvale Oval funding issue bubbling along in the media.

On an unrelated issue would the Bulldogs be interested in head hunting Mayer for their soon to vacant CEO spot. He has spent time before at the Dog's and from where I sit he is doing a sensational job with the Eagles.

Tookey, maybe I am taking the bait but to say that Rudd dislikes sport is simply crap.

You are right we will be lucky to see a Federal cent but the reasons for this are much more complex. In an era to cut spending to peg interest rates a lot of worthwhile things will be cut. Other sports are crying foul. (I am avoiding the party political here - it is not the personal view of one PM but the national interest.) Sadly Manly won't get the funds from the Feds. (The promises prior to the last election from the other lot were merely a last ditch attempt to shore up some last minute support for a dying cause.)

As far as the State goes there is a glimmer of hope, though it might be easier if you were a nympho town planner or a developer!!!!

Corso_Pete link said:
I agree, lets pack up and move, Brookvale is a lost cause.

Do we know if there is any fact to this story, is it just more propaganda coming from Narrabeen to keep the Brookvale Oval funding issue bubbling along in the media.

On an unrelated issue would the Bulldogs be interested in head hunting Mayer for their soon to vacant CEO spot. He has spent time before at the Dog's and from where I sit he is doing a sensational job with the Eagles.

Oxymoronic post if I ever saw one.

I'm actually pondering if the irony is in the first two or the last one.  Either way they go together like oil and water. 

Canteen Worker link said:
Tookey, maybe I am taking the bait but to say that Rudd dislikes sport is simply crap.

You are right we will be lucky to see a Federal cent but the reasons for this are much more complex. In an era to cut spending to peg interest rates a lot of worthwhile things will be cut. Other sports are crying foul. (I am avoiding the party political here - it is not the personal view of one PM but the national interest.) Sadly Manly won't get the funds from the Feds. (The promises prior to the last election from the other lot were merely a last ditch attempt to shore up some last minute support for a dying cause.)

As far as the State goes there is a glimmer of hope, though it might be easier if you were a nympho town planner or a developer!!!!

Rudd is a well known anti sport geek and the sporting cuts that he has made already confirm this.  The government has a S**tload of surplus income and yet they cut funding to these sporting bodies that was already promised by the previous government before the election was announced.

Maybe they should reduce the number of politicians and government departments/red tape instead.

It would be a different story if he redirected this funding to places like Brookie oval etc but he hasn't.

Sporting groups 'not told of govt cuts'
AAP - February 6, 2008, 6:26 pm

Rugby union and rugby league groups and the Victorian Racing Club have been dealt a blow with unexpected funding cuts from the new federal government.

Finance Minister Lindsay Tanner on Wednesday announced $25 million of commonwealth taxpayers money would be withheld from the Brisbane-based Australian Rugby Academy.

He is also withholding $5 million from the Victorian Racing Club (VRC) for an alternative water program and $10 million from the National Rugby League which was to be used to build a hall of fame.

The decisions are the first concrete announcements to come out of Labor's razor gang which is aiming to help drive the nation's surplus to 1.5 per cent of GDP in time for the May budget.

Cuts made by the razor gang will be over and above the $10 billion already identified by Labor before the election.

The Australian Rugby Union (ARU) said it had already spent $500,000 drawing up plans for the academy which was to be built next to Ballymore Stadium.

"We had a commitment from the previous government," ARU chief executive John O'Neill said.

"We were told the money was in the bank. We engaged architects, undertook feasibility studies and opened discussions with proposed tenants.

"Those exercises alone mean we have already spent around $500,000."

VRC chairman Rod Fitzroy said he had no idea the funding had been withdrawn until Mr Tanner made the announcement in a speech to the National Press Club.

"We just don't think they have dealt with this particularly fairly," Mr Fitzroy told AAP.

"The project has no political affiliation. The grant that was made for Flemington was on the basis of a detailed submission."

Mr Fitzroy said he was even more surprised by the decision given its environmental benefits.

"We have to reduce our reliance on potable water.

"We are happy to see this tested as an appropriate project for government funding."

As early as Wednesday morning Queensland rugby chairman Peter Lewis believed the grant to create a major new national academy for young rugby players was still valid.

"I don't believe for one moment that the Rudd government would consider this grant inappropriate, given there are some 250,000 young rugby players in Australia actually involved in this great sport," Mr Lewis said in a newsletter.

But on Wednesday night he was in shock.

"I feel like a lineout jumper whose lifters have suddenly walked off with me still in midair," Mr Lewis said in a statement.

"One of the points made at the time was that in the 11 years of the Howard government, federal capital grants for sport in Queensland had totalled less than $1 million.

"The $25 million was to kick-start a project that would be self-supporting and cashflow positive, with benefits for the state, country and region and any profits being reinvested in the game of rugby."

The National Rugby League was not immediately available for comment.</p>

So in other words, the Rudd government is taking from somewhere else so he can give us a tax break and look like a great bloke.

Where have i heard that before...?

Flip link said:
So in other words, the Rudd government is taking from somewhere else so he can give us a tax break and look like a great bloke.

Where have i heard that before...?

Liberals, labor, democrats, independant - they are all ****ed and couldn't give a **** about anyone else but themselves.

Why can't anyone with the slightest part of a brain and some commonsense get into government for a change.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2