Brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I went on Monday night with my wife and four daughters and sat in the Ken Arthurson stand. I haven't been to Brookie since 1993 after regularly going there in the late 70s and early 80s (I live on the mid-north coast and work weekends). It may be tired and tatty but it has great atmosphere. We loved watching the eagles play at home. I think league misses something when it is played at sparsely populated big stadiums such as ANZ and the SFS (though they are great when full). Brookvale and such places as Leichardt Oval should be set aside for traditional times - say Saturday (would be nice to have a 3pm start) and Sunday afternoon matches. Having said that we wall had a great time on Monday night even though we didn't win. Hope to be back soon.

Yeah, its a tad outdated but its the best ground to be at simply because its home.
I feel I belong and to be amongst and surrounded by other passionate eagles supporters, best feeling ever.

The guy with the "DRUM" is at almost every home and away game. well done mate. Boom Boom boom Boom boom....., Boom boom Boom Boom MANLY.........
AHHHHHH.... Nothin beats Brookie.

Elvis Presley said:
Yeah, its a tad outdated but its the best ground to be at simply because its home.
I feel I belong and to be amongst and surrounded by other passionate eagles supporters, best feeling ever.

The guy with the "DRUM" is at almost every home and away game. well done mate. Boom Boom boom Boom boom....., Boom boom Boom Boom MANLY.........
AHHHHHH.... Nothin beats Brookie.

Well said Elvis. Brookie is home, OUR home! It's located in our football district, no ground sharing with other NRL teams, no temporary Manly banners to window dress a grey concrete stadium, no changing of dressing sheds when you play the other "home tenant".

It's not THAT bad, and we have by far and away the best scoreboard in the league. I just wish they'd replace the benches with seats as they are becoming far too old and uncomfortable and the kiosk at the southern end is really quite pathetic.

Manly To Win! said:
It's not THAT bad, and we have by far and away the best scoreboard in the league. I just wish they'd replace the benches with seats as they are becoming far too old and uncomfortable and the kiosk at the southern end is really quite pathetic.

And when they do replace them... they will be 'reserved' and we will pay a premium to sit there ;)

There's nothing more magical than after a game to see the hundreds of kids running and kicking the balls around to the tune of 'Sweet Caroline'. I haven't seen this on any other ground. Sterile concrete caverns.

Seeing as the old thread was locked this one can be the "new" Brookie thread.

Has it been confirmed yet, which 10 home games will be played at Brookie this year?

I think it would be beneficial for the Leagues Club and Warringah Council to hold a public forum on the issue of Brookie's future.

Mals said:

Has it been confirmed yet, which 10 home games will be played at Brookie this year?

Rnd 2 v Knights
Rnd 4 v Tigers
Rnd 6 v Sharks
Rnd 7 v Wabbits
Rnd 9 v Roosters
Rnd 11 v Raiders
Rnd 14 v Scumdogs
Rnd 17 v Eels
Rnd 19 v Titantic Twits
Rnd 22 v Bros
Rnd 25 v Purple Cheats

Jatz Crackers said:
Mals said:

Rnd 2 v Knights
Rnd 4 v Tigers
Rnd 6 v Sharks
Rnd 7 v Wabbits
Rnd 9 v Roosters
Rnd 11 v Raiders
Rnd 14 v Scumdogs
Rnd 17 v Eels
Rnd 19 v Titantic Twits
Rnd 22 v Bros
Rnd 25 v Purple Cheats

JC - I've done so reviewing of old threads & it appears the Tigers game is going to be at Bluetongue. That leaves 1 more home game that can be shifted.

Mals said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Mals said:

Rnd 2 v Knights
Rnd 4 v Tigers
Rnd 6 v Sharks
Rnd 7 v Wabbits
Rnd 9 v Roosters
Rnd 11 v Raiders
Rnd 14 v Scumdogs
Rnd 17 v Eels
Rnd 19 v Titantic Twits
Rnd 22 v Bros
Rnd 25 v Purple Cheats

JC - I've done so reviewing of old threads & it appears the Tigers game is going to be at Bluetongue. That leaves 1 more home game that can be shifted.

Could be the warriors game to Perth again.

This is from 2011, but quite interesting insight into Brookvale Park as a whole, not just the ground. Interesting that it takes into account parking and flow of people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ki0O7UblY&feature=share&list=FLqcr06V9R9ESsPKaT4SO25w

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4