Brookvale Oval Upgrade - Finally?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Buzz Rothfield making a lot of sense last night on NRL 360. Supporting and reporting that Greenburgh wants a Bankwest style and size stadium for SFS. This would save about $350m which could then be ploughed back into a more serious upgrade of "select" suburban grounds with Brookie and Leichardt most prominently mentioned. Finally some smarts into the thinking and into the funding. I think Gladys would definitely support this. The crowd and the atmosphere at both grounds during the recent lead up + finals matches must have made a big impact on the NRL, Nine and Foxtel. Brilliant telecast and you could feel the electricity at both grounds. Anyway, smartest proposal I have seen to date for a serious upgrade of Brookie...….with the funds already in the budget. Just got to be re-classified. Politically a no-brainer.

We have all been waiting a long time.....could this be the year???

Buzz Rothfield making a lot of sense last night on NRL 360. Supporting and reporting that Greenburgh wants a Bankwest style and size stadium for SFS. This would save about $350m which could then be ploughed back into a more serious upgrade of "select" suburban grounds with Brookie and Leichardt most prominently mentioned. Finally some smarts into the thinking and into the funding. I think Gladys would definitely support this. The crowd and the atmosphere at both grounds during the recent lead up + finals matches must have made a big impact on the NRL, Nine and Foxtel. Brilliant telecast and you could feel the electricity at both grounds. Anyway, smartest proposal I have seen to date for a serious upgrade of Brookie...….with the funds already in the budget. Just got to be re-classified. Politically a no-brainer.

I rarely agree with the old tosser BUT he’s nailed it this time.

ANZ for the really big games.

Wankfest or similar set up ,in the North, South and of course to replace the SFS in the middle.

I read his debate with that pygmy stuart Ayres on Twitter and while i agreed with Buzz, he wasn't getting anywhere...

Last edited:

Sounds like the political grub GreenTurd is getting on board with the ideas of his new boss V'Landy's ....

This will only take about 4 years and a dozen reports to work out for the politicians. By then it will be too late.

Bookmark this page and wait with bated breath for the DA :D

Brookie.JPG

#UnderTheRadar

https://eservices.northernbeaches.n...Public/XC.Track/SearchProperty.aspx?id=129740

Last edited:
The thought of this makes me tingle. It makes a lot of sense.
But it’s probably just another pipe dream like the other 200 of them.

The second tender for the sfs is still going ahead with the original plans. Decision around November with contract starting soon after. same budget, same deadline.

A new design(even if they used the same plans from bankwest) would take weeks or months of planning, approvals and tendering.

Hold on. Didn't the Government pull down a perfectly good 40,000-seat stadium so it could build a slightly bigger stadium for $750-Million in order for Sydney to host international events, such as World Cups?
And now the State's brainstrust are considering a smaller stadium! Like we had?
That's got to be an episode of Yes Minister.
Lunacy.

With Peter V'landys coming out yesterday and stating on record that he will have the upgrading of Brookie first on his agenda.
Really, this statement alone has indicated that the NRL and the commission so far has had zero idea about what the NRL needs and has beem a complete failure - only 6 months ago Greenturd was saying large stadiums was the future - now a complete 180 driven by one person.

I like Peter V'landys - he understands rugby league.

I am looking forward to the next steps in Brookies redevelopment. 22 or 25k all purpose football stadium?

Everyone knows my love for tribalism and suburban grounds,” V’landys said.
“We want suburban grounds and we want to have the must-haves ... all the things customers want. We will be looking very hard at suburban grounds and how do we fund suburban grounds.”

Been around long enough to know that words without action are just that..words. Now let me say I do like this blokes persona and narrative. But as a world class cynic, I need to see some signed contracts, and some big-ass earthmoving equipment at Brookie. Could V’landys be THE MAN!?

Been around long enough to know that words without action are just that..words. Now let me say I do like this blokes persona and narrative. But as a world class cynic, I need to see some signed contracts, and some big-ass earthmoving equipment at Brookie. Could V’landys be THE MAN!?
Like you I l admire his rhetoric, but is he just saying it because that's what the rugby league public want to hear ?.
The talk about a redevelopment for Brookie has been going on for over ten years, with all sorts of plans and artists' impressions, and despite both our number one ticket holders in Abbott and Gladys, nothing has been accomplished, you only have to look at the lack of infrastructure on the Northern Beaches to see how much this area has been neglected. .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4