Brookvale Oval & our future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Brookvale Oval & our future

http://yoursaywarringah.com.au/brookvaleimagine?module=forum

Hi all

I really encourage everyone who posts & reads this forum to go the WSC feedback forum at the link and lodge your support of a Brookvale Oval to be retained and improved as a modern sporting & community venue.

It is imperative that a clear and constant message is sent to the council on this matter.

Our friend Cr Kirsch is doing her bit on the Anti Brookie/Manly bandwagon on there, we have to drown her out with support.

If you love your Sea Eagles and Brookie Oval then do your bit and have a say.

Re: Brookvale Oval & our future

Pose the question to her what does she stand to gain? and whether she will be voting?

They have deleted my posts where I have psoed questions direct to her.....

lol
Just put the questions in without directing them at any specific names mate.

She is getting absolutely hammered. No one agrees with anything she is saying and all her replies are being shot down.

It is more than clear she is on some kind of crusade but she is certainly not winning battles or wars here.

I urge anyone who does post in there to keep it professional and rational.

The Wheel link said:
http://yoursaywarringah.com.au/brookvaleimagine?module=forum

Hi all

I really encourage everyone who posts & reads this forum to go the WSC feedback forum at the link and lodge your support of a Brookvale Oval to be retained and improved as a modern sporting & community venue.

It is imperative that a clear and constant message is sent to the council on this matter.

Our friend Cr Kirsch is doing her bit on the Anti Brookie/Manly bandwagon on there, we have to drown her out with support.

If you love your Sea Eagles and Brookie Oval then do your bit and have a say.

It is quite easy to register for that forum, you can also just agree or disagree if you don't want to add a whole comment. It is important that Kirsch & co not be allowed to manipulate this community consultation to support their own plans, so yes, check it out and help keep our home ground..

Classic that a council asks for community views and then one of the outspoken members of the council seems to dominate the forum.

Is that kosher CW???

I mean should it even be allowed???

It's a community forum, ideas and thoughts from the community NOT some fruit loop councilllor.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Is that kosher CW???

It's a community forum, ideas and thoughts from the community NOT some fruit loop councilllor.

I actually made a complaint direct to the Forum Adm and also called her out in the forum as per your point above Mark but my post was deleted wiht the justification that I identified her.....

Anyway as SER8 says get on their , just say your suburb is brookvale (if you live outside the area) and have your 2 cents worth.

At the very least hit the agree button to the pro brookie posts and the disagree button on the 'Christinas' posts.

She is getting hammered in there now. very few people agreeing with her and a lot of pro brookie stuff

would be worth bringing that info up at the council meetings, ie 80% of people want brookie etc.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183009.msg259193#msg259193 date=1271281173]
Is that kosher CW???

I actually made a complaint direct to the Forum Adm and also called her out in the forum as per your point above Mark but my post was deleted wiht the justification that I identified her.....

[/quote] So who is the administrator?  One of her cronies?

Here is my little offering:

I am a qualified economist and the thing that does not appear to be considered in these discussions is the true economic benefit of the Manly Sea Eagles brand, and the threat to the region being caused by these few NIMBYs who would seek to drive them out of the Northern Beaches.

Of all the Sydney NRL clubs there are few clubs so intrinsically tied to a particular region as the Sea Eagles. Where other clubs chop and change their home venues or indeed present a brand that is not advantageous to their region (how happy must Parramatta be to be represented by Eels?) Manly is recognised with the Northern Beaches area, has an enviable reputation for winning, and an emblem that is reflective of the area.

In terms of economic benefit, the Sea Eagles would surely be a promotional brand worth millions to the region. They soak up many hours of television coverage and each time they are mentioned, by default the Northern Beaches are represented. With many hundreds of hours of media coverage, their contribution in terms of representation of the region is immense - perhaps they are the biggest national promoter of the region.

As a major employer spending millions in salary payments they are also a large economic force (particularly when the Leagues club is taken into account), bringing a lot of dollars into the local economy.

Game day events also attract thousands of spectators from outside the region. A cursory discussion with shop keepers up and down the length of the commercial strip near Brookvale Oval will quickly reveal that a home game for the Sea Eagles represents a major windfall for local business. As a former franchisee of a major food chain I know that the local shop of that business has its busiest trade days on the 10-12 days where Manly is playing at Brookvale.

In short, it seems to me there are a few malcontents who would try to shanghai this discussion into an exercise in purging the region of the Sea Eagles, simply because for 10 days of their existence they suffer some minor inconvenience.

They ought to be confronted with the major economic benefit that is the Sea Eagles and the far reaching implications for the region, in terms of lost promotion and revenue should they have their way.

By making Brookvale Oval inhabitable or inhospitable for the Sea Eagles, the naysayers will be causing major economic, and perhaps even social, damage to the region. This is not acceptable.

I would also like to address the insinuation above that the private owners of the Sea Eagles are major recipients of rate-payer largess. This is a nonsense. The owners of the Sea Eagles are local people who have invested heavily into the club to ensure it stays where it is, with little prospect of seeing *any* financial return. They have done so to ensure the local future of the club and are arguably philanthropic in their endeavour.

They ought to be congratulated and encouraged for keeping a major local asset in the region, not vilified using false information and nonsensical foreign studies that have no relevance to the local region.

Very well said and very logical - pity some on the Council aren't!

She has gone rather quiet after several people called her out about being connected to the council and posting in there.

Not only that the idea that are being put forward against retaining the sea Eagles there are laughable at best.

The PCYC one has me in stitches.....because they do sooooo much for every community. The one here only sees use when it is hired out by 3rd parties for welll parties.....

its clear from that forum that public opinion even in that small microcosm is dead against the Brookvale Valley groups ideals

Dan link said:
its clear from that forum that public opinion even in that small microcosm is dead against the Brookvale Valley groups ideals
  Clearly, but don't discount she will do a ring around of her few supporters to launch an offensive on those boards in the last days of it to skew it back to an anti-Sea Eagles impression.

We would all do well to monitor those boards and be proactive about having our say.  they are a threat to the club's future, no mistaking.

I might pull their rss into tge site so it's easily available :D

Matabele link said:
Here is my little offering:
  [. .. etc ]
Eels LOL ! Excellent reply. I also agree that there might be a late surge of anti-Manly votes, so urge all to log in and register your vote. No doubt if the numbers end up against the Sea Eagle this ‘community consultation’ process will be proclaimed as decisive.

Dan link said:
I might pull their rss into tge site so it's easily available :D
Yeah, do it. 

As SER8 has suggested, they will try and sway the votes to proclaim a victory for the anti-Manly propaganda brigade.  If Manly supporters aren't pro-active in rebuffing this request they will have only themselves to blame when they don't have a team to support anymore.

I think mata's post has been removed....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6