Brookvale Oval labeled a death trap and a disgrace.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eels didn't want seating at the ends, the Wanderers did (or vice versa), hence the lower capacity.

I think you'll find that they are pushing it to be FIFA compliant for international matches which require all tickets sold to be for seated areas only.

The Speels are lucky that the Wanderers are co-tenants of their stadium. The fact that its used all year round for high profile national sports leagues is a big plus for obtaining money for upgrades. That the western suburbs are seen as a growth area (and with that, potential votes) also helps.

Brookvale is in the middle of a safe Liberal seat and has been for how long now? Its not seen as a growth area so there is no reason for the government to spend big money on community improvements in the hope of getting votes. And it doesn't help that its only used 10 or 11 days a year for major sport.

What Brookvale really needs is to get a team like the Mariners to play maybe 2 or 3 games there per season (I can't see Sydney FC playing anywhere but the SFS for the time being unless its a pre-season game).

Last edited:
I think you'll find that they are pushing it to be FIFA compliant for international matches which require all tickets sold to be for seated areas only.

The Speels are lucky that the Wanderers are co-tenants of their stadium. The fact that its used all year round for high profile national sports leagues is a big plus for obtaining money for upgrades. That the western suburbs are seen as a growth area (and with that, potential votes) also helps.

Brookvale is in the middle of a safe Liberal seat and has been for how long now? Its not seen as a growth area so there is no reason for the government to spend big money on community improvements in the hope of getting votes. And it doesn't help that its only used 10 or 11 days a year for major sport.

What Brookvale really needs is to get a team like the Mariners to play maybe 2 or 3 games there per season (I can't see Sydney FC playing anywhere but the SFS for the time being unless its a pre-season game).

What is the incentive for the Mariners? It is not like there will be an additional payment ala what happens when teams play at blue tounge or Homebush

image.jpeg

Guys, something Habib did say has worried me. We are goners if we don't have a backer and he is correct. No leagues club, small membership and a league that wouldn't care if we went broke. Long live the Penns.

Guys, something Habib did say has worried me. We are goners if we don't have a backer and he is correct. No leagues club, small membership and a league that wouldn't care if we went broke. Long live the Penns.
The Penns have brought in two other shareholders to spread that risk. I would also like to see a couple more added, but there are a few others who would love to own the club, URN being one.

The "UR" clans wage war on the northern beaches! ;)

In regards to a membership base we seem to be struggling to hit the 10,000 mark. Hopefully now that the season is closing in fast our more relaxed members (or supporters that haven't been members before) pull their fingers out & buy memberships! The current battle with the Council over Brookie can't be helping.

A win for habib. Consider yourself owned.

A leagues club is only worth as much as the dumb locals are willing to pump through the pokies. That is why ours didn't work. Residents of more affluent areas don't blow their cash on that garbage. That's a fact:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/poker-mac...-sydneys-poorest-suburbs-20151023-gkh7j4.html

So Parra feeds of the misery of their fans - both in terms of gambling revenue and actual performance on the field...

And I'd suggest for genuine trolls, the troll button is your friend.

Says it all without engaging with the troll.

low voltage disconnected death trap.

Given its exposure to rain and the gutter it would have blown fuses/cb's or just cooked wires if it were in the state old mate claimed

but it is very untidy and not a good look

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4