Brookvale Lights to be Ready Shortly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I know this was posted on another thread but it deserves a separate one of its own.

Pat Wilson explained at the fun day that the footings for the new lights have been laid. They need to be left for 25 days to be ready for the light stands to be erected.The light posts are in transit and he is very hopeful they will be up for the second or third home game. There had been a holdup with the development application meaning that the lights are probably not going to be operational for the first home game on March 11th as hoped.

He explained that for Fox TV standard lighting the club has had to provide two portable light stands and for NRL they have had to provide 3 - costing the club up to $50 000 per game. ( i think that is right though it may have been $15k)

Therefore the grant and subsequent erection of lights will be of great assistance to the club and save significant money, allowing more night games.

Pat also talked about other ground improvements including a change in caterer, improvement in the food outlets and the stands used, the removal of the old caravan type outlet and a few small things that will make Brookie more comfortable.

Yep that was a very informative conversation.

I'm looking forward to seeing all this completed.

Nearly won Bathurst and probably should have with a little luck in the late 70s.

Very light car with an overpowered motor for the chassis. Fluff is right about the rest.

I note that the Manly Daily is running this story today - 1st March.

Silvertails scooped them by a week (or are they using us for their copy?) :blaugh:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4