Brookvale Centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From a News Ltd story. Turfing commences this week.

Manly Sea Eagles’ new $33 million home at Stadium Brookvalia

Two-floor gym, three indoor pools and a brand new grandstand — the new-look $33 million Brookvale Oval is the envy of the NRL.

News Corp was given a guided tour of the new three-level $33m Centre of Excellence being constructed at the northern end of 4 Pines Park.

It is the first significant improvement at the famous old footy ground since construction of the Ken Arthurson Stand back in 1995.

And it can be revealed for the first time that Manly Sea Eagles hope the new state-of-the-art facility will be ready
for a March 27 triple-header next year against Canterbury featuring NRL, State Cup and under 21s teams.

When fully completed in February, the Centre of Excellence has everything a professional player would need.
Spanning 107 metres in length, with a depth of 20 metres, the building will house a two-level gymnasium, three indoor pools
, theatrette, two dressing rooms — for men and women — open space, medical and physio rooms, board room and players’ lounge with big screens.

And all this will open out onto a new 3,000 seat grandstand with individual maroon and white seats.
Players will enter the field through a basement level tunnel.

“It is coming along really nicely — we are all really excited. We have been on the journey watching it take shape over the last 12 months,” said Manly CEO Stephen Humphreys. “We are thrilled and can’t wait to show it off to our supporters in the New Year.

“There are three aspects to it. There is the seating bowl — 3000 individual seats all under cover and there’s not a bad viewing seat among them.

“Then there is the Centre of Excellence itself — state-of-the-art facilities for our players and staff so we can prepare them to the highest standards. And that will be great for Manly. Let’s just say we’re due an upgrade in our training facilities.

“And the third part of the project is the field itself.

We have completely rebuilt the pitch. We have excavated what was there, taken it away and then started from scratch
with brand new irrigation and drainage systems. We are now ready to lay the turf next week.

“It’s a major step forward for the venue and club and I’d like to think it’s a sign of further development to come in the not too distant future.”

Office space inside the Centre of Excellence will be used by Sea Eagles’ employees during the week before being converted into corporate hospitality areas on game day.

There will be hot, cold and resistance pools which will help in recovery and be situated next to the medical and physio offices.

Level two will comprise the football offices, administration and a large meeting room with retractable walls.

The two-tier theatrette, also known as the analysis room, can seat up to 50 players while coach Des Hasler’s office will look out onto the oval.

The new stand will have a polycarbonate roof, allowing sunlight to seep through and encourage grass growth given the stand’s shadow
will stretch to the 20 metre line at the northern end. Manly’s chairman’s lounge — currently based in the Arthurson Stand — will shift to the new facility.

CEO Stephen Humphries:

First look at the Manly Sea Eagles’ new facilities with CEO Stephen Humphries. Picture: Adam Yip

The Centre of Excellence features a 3,000 seat grandstand. Picture: Adam Yip

New grandstand at Brookvale Oval. Picture: Adam Yip

One of three indoor pools:
A pool at Manly’s Centre of Excellence. Picture: Adam Yip

The roof is translucent to allow the grass to stay
healthy at the northern end.
The new stand has a polycarbonate roof, allowing sunlight to seep through and encourage grass growth. Picture: Adam Yip

The Chairman’s Lounge will move across from the KA Stand. Presumably the old space will be renovated.

Last edited:
Not sure if it will be renovated because if I recall correctly, Humphreys said at the MWRLFC meeting that news is imminent on more upgrade news for Brookie.
I don’t think we’re talking big money to upgrade a vacated space in an existing stand. Plus I wouldn’t be holding my breath about future upgrades - they have to go through a lengthy approvals process; we’re in competition with marginal electorates; there could be a change of state govt in 2023.

Besides, the hill is likely to go first, before they get anywhere near the KA stand.

Looks impressive with all of the site improvements and has to result in a real benefit all round . especially the playing surface improvements , Maybe might have missed something but wonder if a decision has been made yet with the training arrangements between Narrabeen and the upgraded Brookie facilities .

Looks impressive with all of the site improvements and has to result in a real benefit all round . especially the playing surface improvements , Maybe might have missed something but wonder if a decision has been made yet with the training arrangements between Narrabeen and the upgraded Brookie facilities .
Was just thinking the same. Given the gym,rehab and analysis are all in the new COE surely the majority of time will be at 4 pines will it not? I also wonder given the money spent on the new surface if the Monday to Friday open to the public idea will change? God I hope so. If we are to be looked at as a real professional organisation we need less dog crap on the brookie grass and more high performance training.

So, will the First Grade squad practice on Brookie or just do the off-field work at the COE?
I image they may do a light 'captain's run' on Brookie but there is so much more space at Narrabeen to conduct football drills that it is too valuable a resource to squander.
I wonder if the club's marketing department will hold a COE 'open day' for members?

So, will the First Grade squad practice on Brookie or just do the off-field work at the COE?
I image they may do a light 'captain's run' on Brookie but there is so much more space at Narrabeen to conduct football drills that it is too valuable a resource to squander.
I wonder if the club's marketing department will hold a COE 'open day' for members?
Probably something like that arrangement but surely Brookie 's status or classification would have to be changed from a general public park zoning to one with some usage restrictions reflecting the actual ground improvements situation now .

Yet more evidence that sub-editors/proof readers at newspapers (and everywhere else) are a thing of the past. How hard is it to check the spelling of a surname? It's "Humphreys" not "Humphries", and it's definitely not both.

Looks impressive with all of the site improvements and has to result in a real benefit all round . especially the playing surface improvements ,
Very Impressive indeed and this is just the start of other upgrades in the future

Great work by the Great people of our Great club

It has taken a while but it is the end result that counts and the best is yet to come to our complete make over

COE

Bah humbug. Back in my day all you had was a few rusty free weights and some sand dunes!

Git er done!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4