Brooklynvale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
Manly Sea Eagles in partnership talks with New York rugby league team
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
March 13, 2020 6:00am

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Manly’s plans for an alliance with the new New York rugby league team.
Sea Eagles majority shareholder and chairman Scott Penn has held talks with New York chief executive Ricky Wilby about a “range of opportunities” for both rugby league franchises.
The pair had coffee under the famous Brooklyn Bridge late last year. Penn would become the first businessman to be involved in two rugby league clubs in different hemispheres.
"We have been talking about a range of opportunities including feeder arrangements etc."

“I don’t want to pre-empt anything, however we have offered to assist Ricky and the NY team where we can in terms of sharing our High Performance Unit knowledge, player transfers and co-sponsorship opportunities.”
“I first met with Ricky and his business partner (Tony Feasey) in New York in August last year to look at how we could collaborate and form a strategic partnership,” Penn said.

“We have had many discussions since and are looking forward to participating in a pre-season exhibition game if we can enough funding. I think it’s great.”

The New York franchise could also tap into a successful New York advertising and digital marketing agency – the EGC Group - owned by Penn’s wife, Nicole. EGC Group is about to open a Sydney office.

Player transfer suggestion would be a point of concern , established players coming through or part of the Manly system maybe available to their franchise but very unlikely in the short term at least vice versa . Also the co sponsorship proposal , also a bit vague how that would or could possibly work to Manly "s benefit .

If you can offer the brightest young players a 3 year dev contract with a stint in new york id suspect a lot of kids would be interested.the storm are loaning a player this year to balance the cap and future recruitment, I wonder how the entities could legally be at arms length

If cherry does a big injury, could we loan him to NY to get him off the books for a year. Then get him back next year

We'll take Manly, New York, Ottawa, toronto, grab another couple of dud english licences and soon we'll have our own league. Then you guys can support Manly from afar! lol.

I am so smart

s...m...r...t!

If you can offer the brightest young players a 3 year dev contract with a stint in new york id suspect a lot of kids would be interested.the storm are loaning a player this year to balance the cap and future recruitment, I wonder how the entities could legally be at arms length

If cherry does a big injury, could we loan him to NY to get him off the books for a year. Then get him back next year

I think there may be just as much traffic coming back ....... There are about 2 gazzillion 195 cm, 110kg,high school track stars that do 10sec 100m sitting around pulling their pud when thay don't get picked up or make college ..... a min contract of 50k would have them lined up for miles ......

It really is getting out of the ghetto for many of these kids ......

PSSS ... The USA also has no sense of humour when it comes to letting people with criminal records in ..... rules out half the NRL already ....

Ha! Like blocker trying to beat the suspension by signing up for a 1 game stint in England

Player transfer suggestion would be a point of concern , established players coming through or part of the Manly system maybe available to their franchise but very unlikely in the short term at least vice versa . Also the co sponsorship proposal , also a bit vague how that would or could possibly work to Manly "s benefit .
I'd suggest international companies would be much more interested in an NRL sponsorship deal that will give them exposure in the US of A.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4