Brookie's big revamp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
CONSTRUCTION on Brookvale Oval could begin as early as this year if the State and Federal governments provide funding.

Warringah Council will lodge the development application for the sports ground on behalf of the Manly Sea Eagles. It is expected to be lodged in four to eight weeks.

The council owns the ground, however the Sea Eagles have prepared concept plans for the $20 million redevelopment.

A geographical survey and an environmental study have already been completed. Construction is likely to include an extra level on the Jane Try and the Southern stands and a brand new grandstand behind the eastern hill.

The media boxes and some corporate boxes will also be relocated and a revamp of the home side's dressing shed will be included.

Eagles chief executive Grant Mayer, who visited the redeveloped Toyota Park on Thursday with Sharks chief executive Tony Zappia for pointers, said construction could begin at the end of this season.

"If everything fell into place and we received funding from the State and Federal governments, we could begin Stage 1 of the redevelopment after the last game this year," he said.

"We're looking at an eight to 10 metre second tier on the Jane Try Stand ,which would give us about 700 extra seats. A similar level will be constructed on the Southern Stand.

"We want to raise the Southern and Jane Try stands to the level of the Ken Arthurson stand.

"We're hopeful we can get it started this year, but the key is the funding."

The council announced $4 million for the ground's redevelopment last Saturday, kick-starting the Save Brookvale Oval fund.

However, the funding hinges on a further $16 million from the State and Federal governments.

Flip link said:
CONSTRUCTION on Brookvale Oval could begin as early as this year if the State and Federal governments provide funding.

Warringah Council will lodge the development application for the sports ground on behalf of the Manly Sea Eagles. It is expected to be lodged in four to eight weeks.

The council owns the ground, however the Sea Eagles have prepared concept plans for the $20 million redevelopment.

A geographical survey and an environmental study have already been completed. Construction is likely to include an extra level on the Jane Try and the Southern stands and a brand new grandstand behind the eastern hill.

The media boxes and some corporate boxes will also be relocated and a revamp of the home side's dressing shed will be included.

Eagles chief executive Grant Mayer, who visited the redeveloped Toyota Park on Thursday with Sharks chief executive Tony Zappia for pointers, said construction could begin at the end of this season.

\"If everything fell into place and we received funding from the State and Federal governments, we could begin Stage 1 of the redevelopment after the last game this year,\" he said.

\"We're looking at an eight to 10 metre second tier on the Jane Try Stand ,which would give us about 700 extra seats. A similar level will be constructed on the Southern Stand.

\"We want to raise the Southern and Jane Try stands to the level of the Ken Arthurson stand.

\"We're hopeful we can get it started this year, but the key is the funding.\"

The council announced $4 million for the ground's redevelopment last Saturday, kick-starting the Save Brookvale Oval fund.

However, the funding hinges on a further $16 million from the State and Federal governments.

Love it. Make the visiting team get ready in the ****ing toilets for all I care!!

I know our ground area is small but whenever I look at the development plans thay just look ordinary compared to just about every other ground. The Knights and Central Coast stadiums are far more impressive than what we have drafted. Strikes me it will be a patch fix and they should look at getting $40M.

Whilst that would be nice I feel we will be lucky to get the $20 mil let alone $40 mil

they came up with a $30 million proposal a couple of years ago, must not have gotten a good vibe back

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8