Brookie vs Leichhardt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Leichhardt ovals is ok in good weather but if it rains there is absolutely no where to shelter. Remember nearly dying in a massive hailstorm there years ago, hail the size of lemons. I was covered in bruises for a couple of weeks

“Our number one priority is ensuring the safety of our players and fans and shafting Manly at every opportunity" NRL boss Todd Greenberg said in a rare moment of candour.
“We have given the local council and the Sea Eagles a period of grace of 24 hours in order to assess the safety of the venue before we release tickets.....we told them that and they believed us" Mr Greenberg said while trying to keep a straight face.
“We have worked with Northern Beaches Council and the Sea Eagles to ensure they are given the opportunity to host a Final, while ensuring the safety of our supporters is paramount.” Greenberg added between paroxysms of laughter, tears rolling down his cheeks.

I get that Brookie is a full time NRL venue whereas Liechhardt is only used for about 3 games per year by the Tigpies. But I agree that its baffling as to why Brookie gets slammed so much while everyone seems to love Liechhardt.

Both are very much out-dated suburban grounds in terms of their facilities which seemingly come from another age.

All I can put it down to, as others have said, is that there has long been a push for Manly to either abandon Brookie for one of the all-seat stadiums, or for Manly to be gone altogether.

As a motor racing fan, it actually reminds me a lot of Dick Johnson complaining his backside off about the Mallala circuit in South Australia, saying it was a goat track and that the facilities weren't up to scratch for national level motorsport. Yet he constantly praised the Lakeside circuit in Brisbane (which just happened to be his home track), which although well loved for its layout, was hated by many as it was basically (you guessed it) a goat track with facilities stuck in 1969.

One word comes to mind.......agendas.

I get that Brookie is a full time NRL venue whereas Liechhardt is only used for about 3 games per year by the Tigpies. But I agree that its baffling as to why Brookie gets slammed so much while everyone seems to love Liechhardt.

Both are very much out-dated suburban grounds in terms of their facilities which seemingly come from another age.

All I can put it down to, as others have said, is that there has long been a push for Manly to either abandon Brookie for one of the all-seat stadiums, or for Manly to be gone altogether.

As a motor racing fan, it actually reminds me a lot of Dick Johnson complaining his backside off about the Mallala circuit in South Australia, saying it was a goat track and that the facilities weren't up to scratch for national level motorsport. Yet he constantly praised the Lakeside circuit in Brisbane (which just happened to be his home track), which although well loved for its layout, was hated by many as it was basically (you guessed it) a goat track with facilities stuck in 1969.

One word comes to mind.......agendas.
Now with a handle like "Holden V8" I wouldn't think you were biased against old Dick Johnson. Coincidentally, I saw ole Dick at Eastern Creek last week looking rather mournful and hang dog. But your point is fair. A few things make this world go round; light, heat, political agendas and enlightened self-interest.

The answer to that is simple, Brookie = Manly , Leichhardt = Tigers, if Manly's home ground was Leichhardt , then they would all be bagging Leichhardt.
Nothing has changed since we bought Brannigan and O'neill and an aging Ken Irvine and won in 1972, we were bagged then and we get bagged now, it's that hatred for Manly that gets passed down through the generations.
Oneal asked to come to Manly, he wasn't poached

Seriously NRL? More money for Leichadt for 3 Wests games a year? Really??? Brookie hullooooo????

Inner West Council mayor Darcy Byrne is a step closer to securing a ''once-in-a-generation upgrade'' for Leichhardt Oval after ARL Commission chairman Peter V'Landys pledged to fight for government funding for much-needed renovations.

Brookie is our ground. Its ours. Its the best.

Leichhardt is pretty quaint though. The water, the trees, the old houses,

Both appear from kind of no where, in the suburbs depending on how you approach

If you were a photograher you wouldnt be taking photos of brookie unless its about manly.
As a stadium, there both pretty **** really.

I often see articles written about Leichhardt Oval and often wonder why does it get so much good press and Brookie so much negative press. Both grounds are old with similar facilities in terms of limited under cover seating, small change rooms, limited corporate boxes and large lines for beers and pies but somehow Leichhardt is always spoken about in a positive way and poor Brookie is shunned as the worst ground in the NRL.
Couldn’t agree more and have also wondered the same thing on conclusion I came to was Brookie is home to Manly. Enough said

For some reason the crowd control seems less stringent at Leciahrdt than at Brookie. Manly has to leave huge gaping pathways in the hill crowd.

r0_95_947_627_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Well at least the new knight in shining armour is a fan of small suburban grounds with atmosphere as opposed to huge soulless grounds with zero!!

That’s better than we’ve had with Turdburger!!

Well at least the new knight in shining armour is a fan of small suburban grounds with atmosphere as opposed to huge soulless grounds with zero!!

That’s better than we’ve had with Turdburger!!
Exactly. He already mentioned Brookie when he came into the top job, we currently have the COE project afoot so I wouldn't read much into him supporting Leichhardt in this way. I reckon (assuming he sticks around) Vlandys will continue to lobby for funding for suburban grounds and none need it more than we do. I highly doubt he's forgotten that (even though he's had a fair bit on his mind) :giggle:

I had the priveledge of playing on all the old home grounds ... Brookie, Kogarah, Leichhardt, Belmore, Hensen, North Sydney, Cumberland, Penrith, .... and they all had that special home ground atmosphere and history .. each was different ... but all were special ...

Endeavour at Cronulla is just a windswept miserable **** of a place .....

I think this is the game in which Rex Mossop calls near the last Manly try "Oh they are crucifying them!" or something.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8