Brookie Upgrade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Somewhat surprised to hear you still defending this rule Vid.
Haven't we been encouraged to join so we can have a say in club affairs? When I have heard that before I have never heard it accompanied with the rider "in a few years time".

So how can one person sign up a large number of memberships? and if a lot of people sign up don't they deserve to be heard?

Obviously "a few years ago" there were concerns some particular party or parties were actually about to try such a stunt. Who was it?
And why wouldn't a shorter waiting period such as 2 months be adequate protection?

Very curious!

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Somewhat surprised to hear you still defending this rule Vid.
Haven't we been encouraged to join so we can have a say in club affairs? When I have heard that before I have never heard it accompanied with the rider \"in a few years time\".

So how can one person sign up a large number of memberships? and if a lot of people sign up don't they deserve to be heard?

Obviously \"a few years ago\" there were concerns some particular party or parties were actually about to try such a stunt. Who was it?
And why wouldn't a shorter waiting period such as 2 months be adequate protection?

Very curious!

Hi SER8,
Not so much defending it as stating a case really and agree your point to an extent.

I’ve raised the qualification period previously for the very reason you’ve mentioned (that it may deter possible members and perhaps return the FC to the old "closed shop" reputation that it used to have) but, as it’s not proven to be a major issue or one that has been voiced by the new members that have joined there’s been no apparent need to take discussions further.

I agree of course that a lot of people joining up would deserve to be heard if they are joining for the right reasons.

But, although I’m not big on conspiracy theories, Super League, the massive control that News Ltd have over the game and the NRL currently and of course the debacle of the Northern Eagles period of our club history means I have no problems in defending something that is members (supporters) owned, controlled and driven.

Lob in issues I’ve been watching closely in the UK with Liverpool FC (just Google “Hicks & Gillett nearly kill Liverpool FC”) and you’ll get why I think that anything that gives fans some control and a say in their club is so, so important?

Manly supporters joining the Football Club (whilst they may not be able to vote initially) will be contributing financially to the membership (us) taking up more shares in the Sea Eagles (We bought 50,000 this year) and the fact that people have joined or renewed is hopefully an indication that they are happy with the intentions and motive of the Football Club, what it is achieving and how they are going about their business so far

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4