Brookie Upgrade Underway

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
[/align]Home game deadline
Rugby League

12 Jan 12 @ 06:01pm by Andrew Prentice

IT IS the sight every Sea Eagles fan has been yearning to see - the old girl finally getting a facelift.

A combined $10 million injection from the state government and Warringah Council will see Brookvale Oval finally begin to resemble a world-class sporting facility come April.

And construction is going full-steam ahead so all work will be finished before the first home game in round six against Penrith.

Warringah Mayor Michael Regan visited the site on Thursday.

“Once this is completed there will be 260 new undercover seats in the Jane Try Stand,” he said.

“Disabled fans will now have improved access to the Jane Try concourse and Ken Arthurson Stand and there will be new undercover seats for them and their carers.

“There will also be a larger, better Eagles Nest Cafe. In addition there will be 200 new corporate seats.”

Geoff Toovey’s men open their NRL premiership defence against the Warriors at Eden Park on March 4.

$10 million is a joke considering the benefits other grounds have received in addition to how poor Brookvale is to start with.

$10 million is chump change in the modern era, that's equal to only half of the Melbourne Scums salary cap in '07/'08. We are the reigning Premiers and the most dominant team in recent years, why must we settle for a sub-standard ground. Seems pretty unfair, especially when you see what other clubs have.

Equal grants to NRL clubs for stadium improvements/upgrades would nice to see but will never happen. Politicians decide on the basis of what's best for their public profile.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
So going by that we will get 460 extra bums on seats

more likely same amount of bums, just dryer ones

How can this be Dan?

The only reason we dont have 30,000 at every game is that we dont have 30,000 seats undercover, well so i have been told over and over again

Fluffy said:
How can this be Dan?

The only reason we dont have 30,000 at every game is that we dont have 30,000 seats undercover, well so i have been told over and over again

We need an undercover agent to sort all this out.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
So going by that we will get 460 extra bums on seats

No. I heard some where that the 200 corporate seats will come at the cost of the existing corporate box at the back off bay A and about 3-4 rows in bay B, so net will only be about 300 or so extra undercover seats.

arty said:
Fluffy said:
How can this be Dan?

We need an undercover agent to sort all this out.

Remember the crowd that turned out for the 08 GF? It was a sea of Eagles jerseys. It would be great to get half that amount at home games if we had a stadium to hold them. But alas, even a couple of hundred more in the gate, a hot beer and a cold pie is money in the kitty.:-/

I had a look at Brookie today, the footings for the extension to the Jane Try stand are in.

Mals said:
I had a look at Brookie today, the footings for the extension to the Jane Try stand are in.
So where you able to walk into the ground? I want to before the cricket match next week but wasn't sure if it'll be able to walk in because of the work..

You can walk through the ground did it week or so ago myself - not much too see yet however

Yep as the Wheel said, gates are open, well they were Saturday, but not much to see yet. The old can bar & food shed next to the Jane Try stand has been bulldozed.

thanks! nahhh for me living an hour away, it's a big thing for me to get to Brookie, especially in the off-season so I try and have a walkthrough each time I'm there :)

It's pretty much open every day, they just lock the gates at night. But if you are drunk and determined enough you can still get in at night to do a quick run on the field.

BARRY O'Farrell's decision to spend $86 million of taxpayers' money on new members and corporate facilities at the SCG has set off a rumble of discontent among many sports bodies, professional clubs and stadium managers across NSW.

Not long after coming to office, the O'Farrell Government commissioned a review of professional sports facilities, promising to "end the ad hoc approach of the Labor days''. Submissions to the review closed in December, but, hey presto, just weeks later a big slab of cash goes to the SCG.

"It's the sort of ad hoc decision that Barry promised to stop and no one is impressed,'' a source at a major sports body said. It's interesting that O'Farrell appointed himself Minister for Western Sydney and spent Australia Day out west talking up his government's western Sydney credentials, but the money stays in the east.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/sunday-night-nrl-on-the-cards/story-e6freye0-1226262557154

The people in charge of lobbying the government for funding for brooky should ask O'Farrell why some of those funds aren't coming our way.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6