Brookie Today - Some Observations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Today I joined Wheel, Manlybacker, Byso, Duff and a couple of others in encouraging fans to sign a petition for the upgrade of Brookvale Oval.

Most fans were happy to sign the petition but I include the following observations:

Quite a few fans don't want to give away the hill and love the suburban feel of Brookie. (Fortunately the proposed plan keeps the hill, with a stand behind it.)

I was surprised at how many first time visitors there were to the ground - a lot of them were supporters from the bush :yeah: making a once a year visit to the ground to see the Mighty Sea Eagles.

A lot of visitors had no idea where to go to get into the correct stand - Arhurson, Jane Try or Southern and so Byso and I had to give quite a few directions. It did strike me that the club would do well to have a PR person or two inside the main gate to direct people and make it easy for fans to be directed.

Considering the forecast was for rain and it was pouring half an hour before the game, plus limited away supporters, a crowd of 16 k was pretty good.

And well done to the Silvertail crew in collecting a lot of signatures on behalf of the club for a worthy cause. If you haven't seen the proposal you can find it on http://manlyseaeagles.com.au/news.asp?tx=39&newsid=1588 It is worth a look.

good stuff CW

the crowd this year to date is a couple of hundred shy of 48K, thats an average of 16K per game in average weather with all 3 being out of town teams with a fairly small away supporters base.

Should the parra game be dry i expect 20K plus easy

I agree with all what CW said, a few of my observation over the last 2 games speaking to hundreds of supporters are:

- the hill is very popular with fans
- there were a lot of comments over the state of the toilets
- There was some amount of grumbling about the cost of tickets and the fact that General Admission does not get you into the Southern Stand this year
- I also agree that many fans get 'lost' on the way in (mostly at Arko Stand entrance). The signage needs to be improved or having staff direct traffic into the ground would help
- Many fans comment about the fence around the ground & it was dangerous due to exposured wire etc
- Should be big crowds coming up at Brookie if we keep winning and there is dry weather - get there early or buy your ticket before the game as the queues at times are extremely long

I worked the Ken Arthurson stand and got 7.5 pages of signatures during the first half until security told me to stop.
What surprised me was how many did ot want to sign the petition, and these were sponsors, family friends and lower grade players. Interestingly a few Titan supporters thought our ground stunk and signed the petition.

Yes that is something that has amazed me as well the number of people who actually said NO or couldn't be bothered - I am not sure why as these would probably be the same people who whinge when they cop a bad seat, an unclean toilet or have to wait ina long queue to buy a drink/food or even get into the ground.

Having said that the majority of fans were very supportive

Thanks for helping out Mellonhead I will send you an email with my address to send the petition's to.

Has the club put a link in their News Emails trying to get non-forum using out of town supporters to sign the petition?

Even those who have missed the first two game and don't go to the forums. Would it be that hard to have an email specifically for the petition?

Yes that is something that has amazed me as well the number of people who actually said NO or couldn't be bothered - I am not sure why as these would probably be the same people who whinge when they cop a bad seat, an unclean toilet or have to wait ina long queue to buy a drink/food or even get into the ground.

Having said that the majority of fans were very supportive

Thanks for helping out Mellonhead I will send you an email with my address to send the petition's to.

Wheel I've got Mellons petitions

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4