Brookie Park: The good, the bad and the ugly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Welcome back to Brookie in 2006 with a crowd of just over 17k.

The good:
- The friendliness of the staff at the Membership booth
- The new members cap is a 300% improvement on last year's design, so a big well done.

The bad:
- It was a 15 to 20 minute queue to get a drink. The caterers have got to be kidding! I didn't bother and they missed out on sales to me. They could have doubled their takings as most couldn't be bothered waiting. If they are going to get it that wrong charge a $1 a can to bring a drink into the ground and we will pay it. As a suggestion for night games stick another drink facility in the northern and southern corners of the hill, as apart from the wait it was almost impossible to navigate to the centre due to the crowd.

The ugly:
- The RTA barriers at the main entrance was not a good look.
- Leaving the ground after another below average performance....

Another point about the Saturday night games at Brookie was the amount of 'jail bait' around. Whether that's good, bad or ugly is up to you ;)

Also MB, did you park up in the main streets somewhere? (I'm hopeless with the street names around there, so I'll have no idea what it was called) Cause I believe you crossed in front of my car on the way out :p

A couple of points to add to the bad column,general admission this season has increased to $22,and a Big League has also increased,to $4.95.

What's really bad is this. We win last night and you guarantee HUGE crowds for the Sharks and Roosters games in a few weeks.

We lose and people will think twice and find something else to do with their Saturday night.

That knocks at least 2000 of the gate for each game, and potentially costs the club $50,000 per night minimum.

To add to the list;

BAD
- As mentioned elsewhere, the lighting was hopeless. I know about the delays with the new lighting but it looked very amateurish as did some of the items below.
- When the players names and sponsors were announced on the big screen before the game Brett Stewart's name was spelt Brett Stuart!
- The sponsors signage around the fence was not complete for the first game with a number of sections showing blank white.
- Before game entertainment was poor (imo). In previous season's the speakers were too loud at times but on Saturday they were not loud enough.

OTHER
- It is only Rd 1. Assuming that improvement occurs I would rather have a consistent effort throughout the year rather than the great start and crap finish that we experienced last year.
- we have some good company with us on zero points and some of those teams let their big home crowds down just as much as Manly did.
- Dunley is NOT a starter

The Good:
Monaghan was my (manly) MOTM. His defence was awseome, his catch of kick 10m out from the tryline was senastional and his kicking game was of 1st grade standard. Dinner in Manly after the match.

The Bad: The lighting, enough has already been said but serious questions must be asked as to why this was the case. It has been reported for several weeks that the new lighting would not be ready so it was hardly a last minute problem that had to be dealt with. Whoever is responsible for the player profiles that are put on the big screen. Brett Stewart does not spell his surname STUART, bloody disgraceful.

The Ugly: To the moron that decided it would be fun to scratch the paintwork on my car door, (insert emoticon for get stuffed!)

Good
Yep Monas was good, he's the answer at 5/8.

The Bad
Dessie for not preparing the team to perform. The intensity was a joke.

The Ugly.
The lighting very amateurish

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7