Brookie Oval photo: you be the judge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
This is a photo of Brookie taken today (19/2/19) two days after the rugby match. The photo was taken with an ageing I-phone and is not enhanced in any way. To my untrained eye the oval looks in very good condition. I can't understand why the match with the Sharks was transferred, unless it was for nefarious reasons.
Brookie Oval .JPG

This is a photo of Brookie taken today (19/2/19) two days after the rugby match. The photo was taken with an ageing I-phone and is not enhanced in any way. To my untrained eye the oval looks in very good condition. I can't understand why the match with the Sharks was transferred, unless it was for nefarious reasons.View attachment 10715
Photoshop ??!! Just sayin’

This is a photo of Brookie taken today (19/2/19) two days after the rugby match. The photo was taken with an ageing I-phone and is not enhanced in any way. To my untrained eye the oval looks in very good condition. I can't understand why the match with the Sharks was transferred, unless it was for nefarious reasons.View attachment 10715
It will be interesting to see how much work they (council) have done on it and what it looks like when the soccer boys (Sydney FC) play on it. It will be a big test on its condition especially when the ball needs to roll on a flat and smooth surface.

Are you sure you don't take photos for a real estate company?@:D

Na. Not photoshopped. Not for a real estate brochure. I just wanted to see for myself if Brookie is as bad a surface as purported by some sections of the media.
Go see for yourself. The Oval is open to the public.

Definitely not Photoshopped, it's all natural. Proven by the fact it's the workers. True council worker in the wild photo, one on field bending over doing the work, a couple taking off for smoking on the buggy, one in a ute asleep and another aimlessly staring into a fictional abyss

How come the Council buggy is on the field yet we don't use a medicab for an injured player on the field due to the 'inaccessible ground' excuse :think: :cool:

Last edited:
Why in the world are they painting those Wooden seats white they all need replacing to become plastic fold up seats like the rest of the ground.
Even in this photo it looks like the council is doing the bare minimum in maintance.

I think the angle of the photo is deceiving but sure looks like the groundkeeper has done some great work.

Every year the Telecrap has diarrhea over the condition of OUR fortress brookie

I can't see why they couldn't have laid new turf during the offseason, that would have done wonders for the condition of the ground.

Still doesn't solve the condition of the stadium, seating and corporate boxes which are all atrocious.

Might go for a walk on the weekend down at Lottoland myself on the weekend

It will be interesting to see how much work they (council) have done on it and what it looks like when the soccer boys (Sydney FC) play on it. It will be a big test on its condition especially when the ball needs to roll on a flat and smooth surface.

I'll be at that match. I'll let you know but I'm not expecting Wembley put it that way.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6