Brookie Oval - Council Mergers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Anyone have any idea of what the "proposed" council mergers, being announced today, will do for Brookvale Oval.
Are Warringah council expected to be merged and with who?
Will it help Bookie get a facelift?

earlier reports had 3 councils into 2

latest reports are maybe 1 northern beaches council.

It will certainly help but that doesn't say much given how low the starting point is

Brookie won't be helped by any mayor as it's a costly bequest.

The 1billion Stadium Strategy or being taken over by the State Trust is its only chance of being maintained to NRL standards.

Interestingly, there is a sign on the oval that it will be closed for maintenance till 1 Feb, 2016. New turf is already down, so maybe the concourse will be fixed @:cool:

Anyone have any idea of what the "proposed" council mergers, being announced today, will do for Brookvale Oval.
Are Warringah council expected to be merged and with who?
Will it help Bookie get a facelift?
If Manly council merge with warringah expect brookie to be pulled down and a car park built underneath it as a monument to the councilors

Last edited:
found this. not from the area, so im sure you guys can see if it means anything

Hornsby will merge with Ku-ring-gai. Pittwater will take the northern parts of Warringah, while Mr Baird's home council, Manly, will pick up the remainder of Warringah plus some of Mosman.

The remainder of Mosman is expected to merge with North Sydney. Ryde, Lane Cove and Hunters Hill will be combined into a single lower north shore council.

I expect there is going to be a protracted legal fight over these proposed amalgamations.

I just hope in the wash up that what ever shape of council the club has to deal with that we can get a fair arrangement for the use of Brookvale oval and some definite answers in relation to re-build the stadium needs to be a sustainable home for the club.

What difference does it make? Our current owners don't want us at Brookvale. I thought that was obvious.

Last edited:
What about our name? Are we going to be called the Greater Manly Pittwater Sea Eagles now?

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Just hope Jean Hay (Arkos sister) gets elected Mayor in the new council
Jean Hay, the manly mayor who wont chip into brookvale costs, yet the 1st to put on a parade after grand final wins. In my opinion - she has lost the support of the voters

It's really time that we as a nation grew up from the 19Th century attitudes and removed state governments all together. Amalgamation of local and state govts could do the same jobs on less money. Federal government to run the things that the states did not relent on giving up 120 years ago.

An out of town premier representing Manly. An appropriately named local government minister in Toole, another oxygen-thieving NP member.

A merger that includes Mosman with Manly, when the former should be merged with Nth Sydney. You know the latter makes sense culturally and historically.

And Warringah to be split between the Manly Oval underground car park-loving Manly Clowncil on one side, and the former A Riding on the other. A recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
An out of town premier representing Manly. An appropriately named local government minister in Toole, another oxygen-thieving NP member.

A merger that includes Mosman with Manly, when the former should be merged with Nth Sydney. You know the latter makes sense culturally and historically.

And Warringah to be split between the Manly Oval underground car park-loving Manly Clowncil on one side, and the former A Riding on the other. A recipe for disaster.
Purely political to save the bacon of Pittwater member Rob Stokes and for the Manly based premier to save face

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4