Brookie Hill roped off section?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
What was the deal with that big section of the hill being roped off? Ruins the look of the famous Brookie hill on the tv. Could have put 100s of fans in there. Anyone know what's doing? Is it a beer path from the from the front to the back?

I wondered what was going on too. Thought it might have been a safety/emergency thing they had to put in place. It was a big area and looked about 4 metres wide.

yeah looked like it was the section where the stairs are up on to the hill, maybe safety was right in order to push people to use the stairs instead of having to step up waste high

That area was for me and my family. We ended up sitting on the family hill, and I forgot to tell Zorba prior to kick-off that we didn't need the spot any more. Sorry about that.

If it's a safety thing it is nonsense. In over 60 years when has there ever been a need for that huge gap? It's not a building or grandstand it is a grass hill.

My fault. Rumour was I was going to be there so they cleared an appropriate spot.

But alas....

After the big crowd at the Souths game earlier in the season they started blocking sections of the hill so there was a clear path. It's a safety and access issue. Adds new meaning to the phrase, 'come off the grass'.

It's an OHS issue.

There was a safety audience after a crowd member was injured on The Hill earlier this year.

Is a little annoying, but the safety of our fans is the most important thing.

Larissa said:
It's an OHS issue.

There was a safety audience after a crowd member was injured on The Hill earlier this year.

Is a little annoying, but the safety of our fans is the most important thing.

If safety is such an issue that it requires a 3m wide path up the grassed hill then why hasn't the slippery muddy path down the back to the toilets and exit gate been paved in some form? It is only a matter of time before someone does a knee slipping their way down it. I have lightly rolled my ankle before and that was without the help of any booze.

The path up the hill only needs to be 1m wide and no vehicle will be able to drive up the stairs anyway.

I saw that, it was at the Souths game. A bloke trip as he was walking down the hill, as he was trying to regain balance he picked up a lot of speed until he finally fell and landed on someone pretty hard. The person he landed on got carried off on a stretcher with a neck brace.

Just following up with the advice given from the audit. I was not involved in the process so can't comment any further than what i know.

Fair enough - I would think it is council's responsibility but if I were auditing the path down the back would have been a lot higher on the list than a bit of grass patch.

If opposition teams hear about this then they'll be asking OH&S for a clear exclusion-protection zone around Steve Matai.

OHS are obv not Manly supporters. They made Manly put the path so it really shows up on tv and reduces paying numbers. This further strengthens NRL and ch 9 claims to make Manly play out of one the the main stadiums.

Move the path to the side! Fight the power people! Stop letting them take our freeeedom (and money).

Doesn't help the people that are sitting right in front of the shed. And I don't think it really needs to be that wide unless Zorba is coming up the hill.

My advice, just issue safety hats, vests and climbing ropes

Silly really. It's only effective if the person/persons hurt are in the vicinity of the pathway. Many times I've seen over zealous security goons trample over kids etc in their pursuit of an underage drinker in the crowd. Why? I'll never know. Just another reason to piss fans off and squeeze the crowd on the hill even more so..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8