Brookie Atmosphere Ideas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
Hey all,
Not sure if anyone around here can put me onto an email address for someone high up in the club who would be willing to hear and discuss potential ideas for enhancing a better atmosphere at our sometimes lacklustre home matches.

Myself and my brothers have a couple of ideas regarding post-try song choice rather than the cheap plastic pop music that the ground dj decides to play and kill the buzz after a cracker try. Also another chant introduced pre-game that would give the Viking clap some competition.

I emailed reception at the club a couple of weeks ago and old mate there agreed with me on my views that the ground and NRL need some spicing up with its atmosphere and crowd interaction in similar ways to sports in the UK/USA/Europe. He then forwarded me onto the girl who is the event and game day manager, however she didn’t really want to hear what these ideas were and pretty much said “We aim to improve the fan engagement and hopefully you will notice some of those changes this year!”.

At the end of the day we are just passionate Manly supporters and members and want to make this club and home ground a benchmark in the league.

Put your ideas up here and get some feedback.
Get enough support here would help when presenting your idea to the club.

What is a great idea and something fans aged 18 would would enjoy might drive fans 40 or 70 away.
Same in what a 60 year old might enjoy could drive 18 year olds away.

What Canberra have done seems to work for them and be great if we could have something unique at our home games.

Put your ideas up here and get some feedback.
Get enough support here would help when presenting your idea to the club.

What is a great idea and something fans aged 18 would would enjoy might drive fans 40 or 70 away.
Same in what a 60 year old might enjoy could drive 18 year olds away.

What Canberra have done seems to work for them and be great if we could have something unique at our home games.
Sure thing mate, would be good to get some feedback from the folk around here as well. For the pre-game hype up I think we should introduce this chant derived from the USA. “The tomahawk Chop”
Here it is here:

For the post try song, this song that the Warrington Wolves use would be ideal and could buzz up the atmosphere after a try. It is from the 80s and is “Tom hark” by the piranhas. Here is the example of it in action:

Last edited:
They really need more of those speakers that are raised up in the air and directly in the line of sight of everyone on the hill, they really add to the experience, you hear so much but see so little

I like the idea that each player has a song and his song is played when he scores. Each players' song should be known to most people.

Fans young and old have different favourite players and this will enhance the day for them.

Toovey cliffy and beaver coming down on a helicopter every home game and doing a lap of honor... each time with a different manly legend.. get dessie in the chopper one day ;)

Wolfy running around naked would help with more fans turning up and the atmosphere. How gimmicky do we want to go.

Eagle Rock and the Seabirds are more than enough for a try celebration.

Maybe I would turn up more if they played. "Money for nothing" when DCE scored
Or we could change some Bon Jovi lyrics from Shot through the Heart.. To stabbed in the back. For Manase

Since Dylan Walker has such an affinity to doors. Should we play "Knock on Wood"?

Can I just watch the football please without seeing or hearing some pissed raving lunatic next to me singing or dancing?

In the UK the crowd chants/songs have nothing to do with any affiliation to the club, they are just started by a small section of fans and grow (depending on the club and size of crowd) you don't have to email anyone to start an atmosphere

Sure thing mate, would be good to get some feedback from the folk around here as well. For the pre-game hype up I think we should introduce this chant derived from the USA. “The tomahawk Chop”
Here it is here:

For the post try song, this song that the Warrington Wolves use would be ideal and could buzz up the atmosphere after a try. It is from the 80s and is “Tom hark” by the piranhas. Here is the example of it in action:
It would be very odd doing a tomahawk chop if your team has no cultural affiliation to native American tribes. Furthermore, it's controversial nowadays with teams that do (Braves, Chiefs, etc.) as it's broadly seen as if not racist, then heavily on the nose...

In the UK the crowd chants/songs have nothing to do with any affiliation to the club, they are just started by a small section of fans and grow (depending on the club and size of crowd) you don't have to email anyone to start an atmosphere

Exactly ... start it and they will follow .... all you need @CJAeagle is a small group of committed fans to start ... and persist .. if the fans like what you are doing they will join in ...

PSS ... back in the day it only took one person to start a blue on the hill and everybody joined in ...

Don't underestimate the role of our team in generating atmosphere. When the boys dig in and fans can sense that they are going to give it a red hot crack then the crowd gets energised. Exhibit A, our mighty win against Souths early last year. The buzz was immense and for me it set up a great mood for our home games for the rest of the season.
Need to be careful about too much carnival/pop concert stuff in my opinion, especially during play. Rugby league is a serous game in which people get hurt!

Call it something else, if you’re afraid of offending the snowflakes...
It would be very odd doing a tomahawk chop if your team has no cultural affiliation to native American tribes. Furthermore, it's controversial nowadays with teams that do (Braves, Chiefs, etc.) as it's broadly seen as if not racist, then heavily on the nose...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6