BRONCOS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nordburg

Bencher
I mentioned this in another thread last night but I’ll make a new one of its own as I think it’s worth discussing.
The Broncos have been allowed to play Kotoni Staggs,off the bench mind you,by the NRL despite him being outside the clubs top 30 squad and Tom Opacic,who is in the top 30,being fit and playing for Redcliffe yesterday.Am I missing something here in regards to the rules?I steer clear of the bogan conspiracy theories that the NRL are out to get Manly and the Broncos can do whatever they like,but to me,something doesn’t seem right

I am sure green**** can come up with some excuse #nothingtoseehere

The Broncos have been allowed to play Kotoni Staggs,off the bench mind you,by the NRL despite him being outside the clubs top 30 squad and Tom Opacic,who is in the top 30,being fit and playing for Redcliffe yesterday.Am I missing something here in regards to the rules?
Problem here is you refer to 'rules'. Think of them more as guidelines that the NRL can at any time make exceptions to. In the Broncos case they chose to make an exception, in Manly's they didn't. The reason they chose do do so in one case and not in another seemingly identical one can only be speculated upon. Much like the NRL's decision to register Matt Lodge but not Jamil Hoppoate, both committed terrible acts but one team was able to get their player registered but the other not. The only thing that is consistent is that these exceptions always go in the favour of some teams and against ours, I don't know about conspiracy theories either but it kinda makes you think there's some bias against manly doesn't it?

It was interesting to watch that decision in the Donkey's game today. McCullough took exception to a raised forearm when he made a tackle on the Warrior's runner and threw a few punches. As expected, with the no-punch rule he was given the inevitable 10 minutes. However, what was interesting was the ref sending the Warrior's player for 10 as well for the raised forearm. Now, in principle I generally agree with the outcome in terms of fairness... but... given the precedent for such incidences (ie; on report but stay on the field) it did seem the ref was bending the rules as he didn't want to see the Donkeys disadvantaged. It is interesting the apparent diversity in treatment of different teams.

Brisbane is a Cancer. Did I ever tell you how much I hate the Broncos. I often will be watching one of their games and hope that a plane has been hijacked by a disgruntled Manly FAN and is flown into a packed Suncorp Stadium; vaporising the entire Broncos team and neutralising the Ipswich Line; where all of the the two headed Bronco's fans would attempt to make good their escape.

Moreover, I'd hope that that plane would carry a Sarin gas canister which would contaminate Brisbane fans for generations to come and that every Christmas families of Brisbane fans would lose someone close to them due to this contamination.

Brisbane is a Cancer. Did I ever tell you how much I hate the Broncos. I often will be watching one of their games and hope that a plane has been hijacked by a disgruntled Manly FAN and is flown into a packed Suncorp Stadium; vaporising the entire Broncos team and neutralising the Ipswich Line; where all of the the two headed Bronco's fans would attempt to make good their escape.

Moreover, I'd hope that that plane would carry a Sarin gas canister which would contaminate Brisbane fans for generations to come and that every Christmas families of Brisbane fans would lose someone close to them due to this contamination.

Yeah, I’m not all that fond of them either...

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8