Broncos Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
TEAM TO PLAY MANLY ON SUNDAY:

Darius Boyd
Steve Michaels
Nick Emmett
Justin Hodges
Craig Frawley
Tonie Carroll
Shane Perry
Ben Hannant
Shaun Berrigan
Petero Civoniceva ©
Corey Parker
Brad Thorn
Greg Eastwood
Reserves:

Dane Carlaw
Dave Taylor
Ian Lacey
Sam Thaiday

Decent....but not the best if you ask me.

Without Tate, Hunt, Lockyer, their backline looks a lot weaker.

Apparently Lacey and Carroll may be no shows as well.

By the way - Lacey is my hero. Gives us little fellas hope !!! I'm actually a full centimetre taller than him !!!

It will be interesting to see if Hodges is passed fit to play. I thought Frawley was with Canberra?

I would love to see us beat them but they need the points and we have wrapped up second place!!!

It will be interesting to see if Hodges is passed fit to play. I thought Frawley was with Canberra?

I would love to see us beat them but they need the points and we have wrapped up second place!!!

Rubbish mate. We want 1st place, and I'm pretty sure The Storm play Eels, Dogs & Cowgirls still.

We can't lose this one. Up here they're billing it as the 20th anniversary of the shellacking they gave us back in 88. I don't want to walk out of Lang Park this Sunday copping the same as I copped back in 88.

Despite the injuries they can still field a sizeable lot of forwards. They lack skill however so if our guys can just "contain' their pack then our backs will do the rest.

Frawley was with Canberra CW but he went back to Brisbane after last season.

Their forward pack is still top class, and they laid the foundation for the win over Cronulla on the weekend. Can't afford to take them lightly, we need to muscle up and take it to them up the middle. Watch Berrigan closely as well.

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

Rubbish mate. We want 1st place, and I'm pretty sure The Storm play Eels, Dogs & Cowgirls still.
[/quote]What benefit does winning the minor Premiership really give a team except winning the JJ Giltinan Shield that should rightly be given to the Premiers? You get to play 8th rather than 7th in the first week but apart from that, there is no benefit at all. It is all bragging rights and the last 20 years is littered with Minor Premiers who bombed out. I would rather fly under the Melbourne radar and have the opposition under-rate us than have to play up for the next five. We need to be fresh and ready, timing our run to play the tough games at the end of the season. If that means a loss or two in the next five weeks I am happy with that.

The Minor Premiership is good for 1 thing only, the $100k which comes with it. Apart from that coming 1st or 2nd means stuff all.

I must add the $100k is pretty important for us considering we had a funding cut from the leagues club, I know the company bean counter would be urging/praying for them to win it!!!!

I am sure the Melbourne accountant was ecstatic about last year's minor premiership??? :lie:

Point taken but what do you get for the comp? Sponsorship, merchandise, plus general interest would much outweigh the Minor Premiership.

Question - Name the minor Premiers in the 2000s.

I understand your point completely but $100k in the bank is nothing to be sneezed at when you are making a loss. As I said it is the only thing which makes it worthwhile over 2nd.

Only one I know is Penrith in 03 as they won the comp that year, only team I think of who has.

I am sure the Melbourne accountant was ecstatic about last year's minor premiership??? :lie:

Point taken but what do you get for the comp? Sponsorship, merchandise, plus general interest would much outweigh the Minor Premiership.

Question - Name the minor Premiers in the 2000s.

From memory

2000 Broncos
2001 Eels
2002 Warriors
2003 Penrith ?
2004 Roosters
2005 Eels
2006 Storm

I think I read somewhere that only one minor premier in the last six years has gone on to win the premiership.

Would be interesting if someone could find this out, or even where the eventual winner was placed at the end of regular season play.

Just found a site and checked it up, that Minor premier list was correct

Where the winners have come from since the NRL started in 1998

1998- Broncos 1st
1999- Storm 3rd
2000- Broncos 1st
2001- Knights 3rd
2002- Roosters 4th
2003- Panthers 1st
2004- Dogs 2nd
2005- Tigers 4th
2006- Broncos 3rd

Their forward pack is still top class, and they laid the foundation for the win over Cronulla on the weekend. Can't afford to take them lightly, we need to muscle up and take it to them up the middle. Watch Berrigan closely as well.

Good bench too. Taylor will prop the Queensland pack for the next decade.

Good list Kiwi. Bottom line is that the side playing the best footy at the money end of the season wins, not the minor premiers. We need to be up for the finals.

A new comp starts in 5 weeks called semis. All bets are off - form out the window, Just ask St G as they have looked Premiers the last years and fallen at the last hurdle. Manly have not won a Semi game since 1997!!

We NEED to keep watch on Shaun Jerrycan.... If he has a good game they will give us a scare... I'm glad Lyon will be marking Hodges this weekend. Go with their forwards and don't give Berrigan too much room to move and we should get away with a decent win.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4