Broncos player under investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
I see there is a Broncos player being investigated for assaulting a woman. For legal reasons, the player can’t be named. Considering they somehow managed to to get Matt Lodge (New York...Newwwww Yooooooooooooork!) registered, it doesn’t surprise me one bit that they have managed to keep the identity of whoever it is being accused out of the media. Apparently anonymity is afforded to anyone wearing a Brisbane jersey until the matter has been dealt with in court. Oh, the double standards upon double standards that is the NRL.

Yes and how the hell can Lodge be playing with what he did and yet Todd Carney (wether we want him or not) is subject to Greenturd tut tutting about if he s the right fit for the game , same with Jamille
Why hasn’t any journalists called Greenturd out in his blatant double standard
Please tell me if I have got the wrong idea

Just like the Andrew Gee situation and numerous other examples concerning the Broncos covering up and downplaying some serious club indiscretions , this is just another unsavory and really unsatisfactory apparent instance . The Murdoch organization [ and with their Bronco connection ] virtually control and dictate the majority of the news outlets in Queensland [ very unhealthy situation ] and so no doubt also probably have much opportunity and scope to cover up or downplay such situations as often as they prefer to .

Manly had players banned from playing for bringing the game into disrepute, who were later found innocent that pretty much taint the club and destroy a season....a Bronco player who (appears) guilty seems wrapped in cotton wool and tucked away and protected.
If this was a Manly player I have good reason to believe the name would be front page news and a punishment for the player and club would already be in motion.

Broncos press release states that it is a private matter between the player and his partner and doesn’t concern the nrl.

Nothing to see here

regards

Wayne Bennett

Manly had players banned from playing for bringing the game into disrepute, who were later found innocent that pretty much taint the club and destroy a season....a Bronco player who (appears) guilty seems wrapped in cotton wool and tucked away and protected.
If this was a Manly player I have good reason to believe the name would be front page news and a punishment for the player and club would already be in motion.
Not only that, they would re-dredge and list all other previous alleged indiscretions of every past manly player /sponsor / supporter /ball boy to show that we have a criminal culture and therefore are guilty of breaching the salary cap. Sorry just pisses me off.

For mind it is the right way to handle these matters...the frustration is the lack of a consistent approach / methodology across all similar matters.
Couldn’t agree more, but as you point out, there is absolutely no consistency. While certain clubs are afforded due process, others are subject to trial by media and as such, pay a hefty price even when innocence is proven.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/e5b58d75e247c2a7da6cd6721c4326d6

Player named in article

The NRL has taken a strong stance on domestic violence issues previously, but unless there are criminal charges, it is unlikely the governing body will become involved in the dispute.
This banality by the NRL ****s me :swear:

The whole issue of DV is that the victim is financially dependent on the abuser. So they very rarely lay charges as the recriminations can escalate quickly and tragically :mad:

The 'NRL not getting involved unless there are criminal charges' is laughable - see Carney incident :banghead:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8