Broncos fans, I don't believe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Imagine this, a major city with a thriving league competition, called brisbane, with up to a dozen clubs with long histories. All of a sudden one year a new team is formed which is for the whole city, which will play in a new competition. Would anyone support it?

I feel if this had happened in Sydney very few people would bother supporting the new "city" team. There's no way I would change from manly to a new team.

This is why I am suss of broncos fans, how can they be passionate? Did they just drop their old teams? Are they that shallow up there?

And can't they see yellow clashes horribly with maroon?

Agree, many of them supported valleys and brothers etc. The broncos killed some of the clubs and crippled the local comp

Not much happens in brisbane. The footy is a big ticket item, Its walking distance from town, past a fair few pubs, plenty of nightlife that surrounds the ground. Thats why they get the fans every friday night

I think the key is origin. They were united from origin before the broncos joined the comp, so united they stand

If the broncos are losing then theres the Reds, if the reds are losing there is the Lions, if the lions are losing it sthe titans, if the titans are losing its the suns, if the suns are losing its the cowboys, if the cowboys are losing its the QLD Firebirds and if all else fails, theres always the bulls.....

yes, qld supporters really are that fickle.

The older generation haven't dropped there team.

Nodd I'd imagine still backs his Easts Tigers to the hilt.

There are still guy's around that are Diehards and Brethren supporters in fact if they ever get back into the Qld Cup they will be the most supported club's.

Many of the Qld Cup supporter's hate the Broncos with a passion
a) they gutted the local comp.
and
b) how the Broncos operate taking the best out of the local clubs instead of looking after the junior club as a whole.

If the Bombers look after the junior clubs as a whole don't be surprised if they kneecap the Broncos eventually, with the junior clubs just sending there player's to the Bombers.

The Eagle said:
Yellow goes well with maroon with hoops or a chevron, I've played in such jerseys, that sl crap is woeful

I must be oversensitive to colours - I was uncomfortable wearing the Belrose eagles jersey as a kid. Again with the yellow.

Shoe1 said:
Imagine this, a major city with a thriving league competition, called brisbane, with up to a dozen clubs with long histories. All of a sudden one year a new team is formed which is for the whole city, which will play in a new competition. Would anyone support it?

I feel if this had happened in Sydney very few people would bother supporting the new "city" team. There's no way I would change from manly to a new team.

This is why I am suss of broncos fans, how can they be passionate? Did they just drop their old teams? Are they that shallow up there?

Titans fans are worse. Who did they support 5 or 6 years ago?

bob dylan said:
Daniel said:
Titans fans are worse. Who did they support 5 or 6 years ago?

And where are they now?

probably assuming that if one of them shows up they will still be counted as "attendance" for the official figures :)

Shoe1 said:

Yes! A"new' team was formed in a different comp and people supported it!

I know it is hard for some of You in NSW to understand, but the world did not revolve around your comp and not all QLD'ers followed a team in the NSWRL.

Most league supporters in QLD followed their local teams (whether that be BRL, NQ, Wide Bay, Gold Coast, Central etc) with a passion. When the Bongos came in it just gave them one more team in a different comp to support and support passionately. It has not stopped them following their local teams just the same as they always have. The bongos are just another team in another comp that they follow.

You will find that people who already supported a team in the NSWRL still support that team, and more than likely hate the bongos(as I do).

I take umbrage at Your comments because my Father, who has played/followed league all his life, was never a fan of any particular NSWRL club but took an interest in the comp. When the bongos came into your comp, he had a home grown team to follow(much to my disgust). He is an avid bongo supporter but also supports our beloved junior club and suburban club with the same passion He always has. And He would not be the only one in that boat.

And believe it or not, there are still some fair dinkum league supporters who put their local juniors and local suburban clubs in front of their NRL club.

I wonder what the older generation Manly fans were doing on weekends pre 1947. Collecting stamps and hanging out in libraries i guess.

fair point, but but there have been enough generations to make more than legitimate adult Sea Eagles fans

The manly district had tried a few times to split from norths prior to 1947, largely because of the travel time that peninsula based players had to endure to get to north Sydney in order to train and play. Once the manly presidents cup team won in 1946 (arko in team?), the nswrl and norths agreed to the split.

Some people say they are fickle but essentially they all just jump on the winners wagon. If the bronx had some lean years they would all support saints parra again or melbourne

They have no shame

One of my mates supported manly through the 80's and early 90's, then the broncos and now he supports the storm. What is that

jbb/james said:
Some people say they are fickle but essentially they all just jump on the winners wagon. If the bronx had some lean years they would all support saints parra again or melbourne

They have no shame

One of my mates supported manly through the 80's and early 90's, then the broncos and now he supports the storm. What is that

That is just low. Pick a team and stick with them

nodd said:
Shoe1 said:

Yes! A"new' team was formed in a different comp and people supported it!

I know it is hard for some of You in NSW to understand, but the world did not revolve around your comp and not all QLD'ers followed a team in the NSWRL.

Most league supporters in QLD followed their local teams (whether that be BRL, NQ, Wide Bay, Gold Coast, Central etc) with a passion. When the Bongos came in it just gave them one more team in a different comp to support and support passionately. It has not stopped them following their local teams just the same as they always have. The bongos are just another team in another comp that they follow.

You will find that people who already supported a team in the NSWRL still support that team, and more than likely hate the bongos(as I do).

I take umbrage at Your comments because my Father, who has played/followed league all his life, was never a fan of any particular NSWRL club but took an interest in the comp. When the bongos came into your comp, he had a home grown team to follow(much to my disgust). He is an avid bongo supporter but also supports our beloved junior club and suburban club with the same passion He always has. And He would not be the only one in that boat.

And believe it or not, there are still some fair dinkum league supporters who put their local juniors and local suburban clubs in front of their NRL club.

I guess it is because they have the queensland spirit that QLDer's can mange following two teams.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2