Brisbane Double Header

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
I'm in Brisbane this week (8th May) for a conference and thought I would hang around to see Manly on the Saturday (and possibly fly the family up to join me). But I just had a look at tickets and it looks like almost all of tickets are already sold (or moved onto third party sites).
Is anyone on here going this year and after the experiences some people shared last year would you recommend going?

Last edited:
First up, isn't the game on the Saturday?

I went last year with my daughter and will not be returning. Qld rednecks with a full day to soak up their XXXX at the Caxton before the game is not a good scene for the opposition (Ask Mark from Moree about his experiences)

Pack of ferals. My daughter was pretty rattled by it all.

But if you are happy to take family into that environment then feel free!

First up, isn't the game on the Saturday?
Yes I meant Saturday. Given my son is still quite young and it doesn't look like I will have my choice of "safe" seating I think you have answered my question. I might just organise a weekend up instead Sydney and let the little guy run up and down the hill (like it should be) and I will get to see the game in Melbourne the week after.

I go each year with my son as we live not too far away from Brisbane. Although we are in N.S.W.'s. Each year when we walk down Caxton street we often see Manly supporters that look relieved to see us. We always sit amongst the Bronco fans as I don't want to be down in the corner where the away supporters are allocated seating. I can't control my son and he takes anything anti-manly personal. So I am always waiting for something to hit me in the back of the head. When the Bronco's chant goes up he chimes in with 'suck' or 'are wankers'. He took on a group of Maori/islander bronco fans and that was heavy (literally) especially when one of them (a female) started to come towards us. we will be there again this year. We do join in for the Mexican wave that the Queenslanders still love to do.

I reckon the double header is a great night, particularly when Manly win.
The crowd is what you would expect - very Bronco orientated, but that's no big surprise.....also the fact there are a few moron supporters among them - pretty much get that at most away games - try the Bulldogs as an example....no trains please!!
I will go down and take my 15 year old and his mate, plus a couple of my mates and make a day/night of it, staying down for the occasion.
I reckon Manly can get them up the middle big time this year, which will make it even sweeter!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8