Bring on the Sulinator !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Big Suli is bloomed to be a long term Manly player.
There is much to like, as he is a devestating runner of the footy and at the end of 2019, we finally seen the form that built his reputation as a Monster out wide....our main X factor player in the absence of the 1 and only Tom T.
Thing is....I noted in those rampant running games vs Souths, Sharks and more they were giving him early ball, where he had time to wind up and mash through the wall witht time on his side to see the weakest bricks and best access points in the defensive line.
In 2020, it appears he is getting late ball on the shifts unless doing the ugly hitups out of trouble which is basically 1 off the ruck and still making some bullocking runs, just not the impact of where he left off in 2019.
Maybe the extra strike power of Tom T and Walks will also give him more room to move, so expect him to improve again at the back end of the season....still hope to see him get more involoved and the attacking formations to allow that early ball to alow him that time and space to destroy the defence as he can.

He generally plays outside dce. DCE has been out of form which has prevented him from passing it to suli early,............ apparently.

Sirro also just keeps coming inside.

Parkers form was best when walker gave him space. Just an observation

Hard to palm and step (he does both well and at the same time) if you are coming from a standing start.
Suli has a high ceiling imo.

I'm not sure about Suli. He doesn't possess all of the attributes of a traditional centre, imo.
As I see it a centre should be:
Fast
Elusive
Skilled in beating an opponent with a step, a swerve, a catch-and-pass or sleight-of-hand
Able to kick in general play
Able to jump and diffuse bombs.
Granted, he is big - much bigger than a traditional centre. He is strong and has a good fend. He powers through the opposition not around them.
I was a centre and I'd hate to try to tackle him, or be tackled by him. I'd be having HIA's regularly.
My idea of a centre is Zac Lomax from Illawarra, who also kicks goals. He ticks all of my (perhaps outdated) attributes of a centre. As did the great Jamie Lyon.
I don't want to denigrate Suli I just wonder if he is the build of a modern centre or is he a forward currently playing in the backline?

I'm not sure about Suli. He doesn't possess all of the attributes of a traditional centre, imo.
As I see it a centre should be:
Fast
Elusive
Skilled in beating an opponent with a step, a swerve, a catch-and-pass or sleight-of-hand
Able to kick in general play
Able to jump and diffuse bombs.
Granted, he is big - much bigger than a traditional centre. He is strong and has a good fend. He powers through the opposition not around them.
I was a centre and I'd hate to try to tackle him, or be tackled by him. I'd be having HIA's regularly.
My idea of a centre is Zac Lomax from Illawarra, who also kicks goals. He ticks all of my (perhaps outdated) attributes of a centre. As did the great Jamie Lyon.
I don't want to denigrate Suli I just wonder if he is the build of a modern centre or is he a forward currently playing in the backline?
3/4 and 2nd row are very similar in 2020.

Suli has a deceptive swerve and acceleration, as well as power running ability . Hardly expect much of a step from such a big frame but certainly quite agile . Defensive reads and general defence seem to have improved over time as well . Probably can expect some more opportunities when Tom returns who should provide other attacking options

3/4 and 2nd row are very similar in 2020.
Very much - your 2nd rowers generally attack the inside edge and the centre hits the outside ...the quicker centres generally drift a little wider and allow the fullback to chime in as the extra to create that 3 on 2, whereas a big Monster like Suli just plays direct and through the defence, though with early ball, does possess decent acceleration for a big man that can setup the bust.

Yeah centre is sadly a redundantly position these days

Go through and create you top 5 list of centres now, and compare it to 10 years ago and then again to 20 years ago and the standard is lightyears apart

Probably no more evident than at rep level where you have had Mybe, Morgan, Wighton and Tom etc playing centre the past couple of years

He could grow up a bit and get a ****ing haircut. This is this Insta Pic. **** it ****s me.

Attachments

• 75308307_2386720358258055_3913538229764096000_n.jpg
    75308307_2386720358258055_3913538229764096000_n.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 32
The guy needs to get more involved. I'd like see him do more runs. Not sure why the ball doesn't get to him more often.

I like some attributes Suli has added this season, playing with a busted rib / sternum injury is no easy task. He did not have that in him when he joined the club.

Sirro with that inside line all the time damaged the right edge attack, DCE needs to get him one on one against the defender.

He can add to his game for sure, passing and setting up his outside man he can work on. The way he returns the ball and bends the line is threatening to the opposition.

I think Suli will get on top of Crichton on Saturday.

He has come along way Suli and has some growth in him to come.

He'll be firing by the time the big games roll around.
Our style is aimed at sucker punching the opposition at finals time.
Meanwhile how he goes depends very much on what happens in the middle and we've been holding our own but without Fainu and Api we've not been creating as many chances for our wider guys.
(No offence Moses calling you wider guys, lol)

Suli one-on-one with a little bit of space is a nightmare for defenders. He destroyed Gagai in the finals last year and will do the same to plenty of others in his career. It's just a matter of (a) getting him the ball, and (b) giving him a bit of depth to work with. We haven't worked to his strengths much this year but I reckon Des will have some plans in mind.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7