Bring back Brad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Who

Journey Man
Most commentators praise Arthur for being a good coach and a good bloke. He's taking the blame for his players underperforming, but two years ago he had coached the team to the grand final.
So, I'll be prepared to let people who know his respective coaching and man-management skills better than me to decide if Manly offers him a chance to return as an assistant coach, and reunite with his son.

Nike

Reserve Grader
Brad Arthur was good as an assistant at Manly, I vaguely remember being disappointed when he left but can't recall if it was cause I thought hew as good or he was headed to Parra.

I think he's like Twenty, good assistant, not even a bad head coach - but he ain't winning you a trophy as the head. He also seems to be able to turn rocks into diamonds, could bring the juniors home and develop depth to compliment Siebold's lack of ability shown so far.

Then again how content is a bloke who was head honcho for a decade feel working under Siebs? I'd spin the wheel lol, we're close but lack something to get us to the top.

Brad Arthur was good as an assistant at Manly, I vaguely remember being disappointed when he left but can't recall if it was cause I thought hew as good or he was headed to Parra.

I think he's like Twenty, good assistant, not even a bad head coach - but he ain't winning you a trophy as the head. He also seems to be able to turn rocks into diamonds, could bring the juniors home and develop depth to compliment Siebold's lack of ability shown so far.

Then again how content is a bloke who was head honcho for a decade feel working under Siebs? I'd spin the wheel lol, we're close but lack something to get us to the top.
Arthur and Trent have both been sacked! Why on earth would you want to recruit a coach that has been sacked!!

Oh hang on…. Just disregard all that ..

Last edited:

Nike

Reserve Grader
Arthur and Trent have both been sacked! Why on earth would you want to recruit a coach that has been sacked!!

Oh hang on…. Just regard all that ..
I didn't say replace Siebold, I said he'd be worth considering as an assistant if he's interested. It's a business, there's 17 teams and like 9 in Sydney within that. He's got the resume and is more successful than most available candidates, why wouldn't you take a punt on him if there's a possibility?

Name one current assistant coach and anything remarkable about them. I'll go first, then you can tell me how their results are being reflected in your own views - Jim Dymock, Head of Defense, Assistant Coach.

I didn't say replace Siebold, I said he'd be worth considering as an assistant if he's interested. It's a business, there's 17 teams and like 9 in Sydney within that. He's got the resume and is more successful than most available candidates, why wouldn't you take a punt on him if there's a possibility?

Name one current assistant coach and anything remarkable about them. I'll go first, then you can tell me how their results are being reflected in your own views - Jim Dymock, Head of Defense, Assistant Coach.
@Nike I wasn’t having a go at you! I was more reflecting that our current coach was also previously sacked!

Nike

Reserve Grader
@Nike I wasn’t having a go at you! I was more reflecting that our current coach was also previously sacked!
Aight my bad there. Siebold's time in Brisbane is pretty nuanced so you have to approach it with attention to not so visible interference. Ultimately he did develop and debut most of their current senior players, and arguably culture.

He was infamously being internally white anted from a lot of angles because the old boys (maybe even the Thoroughbreds) wanted a job for the boy, Kevvie. It was getting to the point that his 'apprenticeship' was becoming comical after he didn't get appointed in 2018.

Siebold's issue is he is almost too specific, as often referred to in a mocking way when describing his style. He's been around and understands success, he's made visible improvements and don't forget Brisbane actually poached him prior to the forgettable tenure he had.

There's more to the bloke but he's not a one man band. I think Brad Arthur is a rare, experienced coach who has previously and potentially could again contribute positively to Manly because as I said before, we're close but something's not quite there right now. The window closes with DCE and depending on circumstances, if it's potentially workable I'd give Arthur a shot. I'd also like to strongly suggest we rename the hill after Brad Parker.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
That Eels squad is stacked. Arthur has under achieved with it. He won spoons at the Eels. I don’t want him at Manly. We’ve already got a coach that contributed substantially to another club taking out the spoon.

Nike

Reserve Grader
That Eels squad is stacked. Arthur has under achieved with it. He won spoons at the Eels. I don’t want him at Manly. We’ve already got a coach that contributed substantially to another club taking out the spoon.
It's really not that stacked, Moses is their key player and he performs admirably but doesn't have that extra gear when the refs don't give an inch in big stage games.

Gutherson is massively overrated and undergoing the ball playing transformation Snake did because of his knees, poorly. He's not a modern ball player anymore. He doesn't have the leadership touted, they really do not have a steady hand.

The forwards are good but they're straight up mercs, their loyalty is to their own image and income above their club. Losing Mahoney is completely indefensible, I'm a youngin' but even I know Parra have been a ****show since day dot.

If there's a modern day transit lounge it's Parramatta's 2 through 5, enough said.

In saying all that it's Arthur's team and his window closed after they lost that grand final, he's still a decent coach but his time was up. He'll turn up somewhere, hopefully here.

Last edited:

LeonardCohen

Bencher
It's really not that stacked, Moses is their key player and he performs admirably but doesn't have that extra gear when the refs don't give an inch in big stage games.

Gutherson is massively overrated and undergoing the ball playing transformation Snake did because of his knees, poorly. He's not a modern ball player anymore. He doesn't have the leadership touted, they really do not have a steady hand.

The forwards are good but they're straight up mercs, they're loyalty is to their own image and income above their club. Losing Mahoney is completely indefensible, I'm a youngin' but even I know Parra have been a ****show since day dot.

If there's a modern day transit lounge it's Parramatta's 2 through 5, enough said.

In saying all that it's Arthur's team and his window closed after they lost that grand final, he's still a decent coach but his time was up. He'll turn up somewhere, hopefully here.
I respect your opinion but politely disagree.

Gutherson is one of the best fullbacks in the game and arguably the most competitive leader in the NRL…his knees are cooked as you suggest, but that only accounts for the last 6-12 months.

Arthur had Waqa Blake from Penrith and he went backwards…kid had serious talent, size and speed.

Penisini is none of the best young centres in the game.

Sivo is a beast and has scored something like 90 tries in 100 games…most off Gutherson long balls!

Dylan Brown and Moses are both lightening quick and compliment each other well. One is a runner, the other has a top 3 kicking game in the NRL.

They’ve got some serious off-loaders in the pack in Paulo, RCG, and Matto, all of which have played SOO. Then you’ve got Hopgood that is a bolter for QLD this year.

Then you’ve got to consider some of the gun juniors they have coming through.

9 is a bit of a problem as you suggest, but otherwise, it’s a hell of a roster.

Ohgeez

I respect your opinion but politely disagree.

Gutherson is one of the best fullbacks in the game and arguably the most competitive leader in the NRL…his knees are cooked as you suggest, but that only accounts for the last 6-12 months.

Arthur had Waqa Blake from Penrith and he went backwards…kid had serious talent, size and speed.

Penisini is none of the best young centres in the game.

Sivo is a beast and has scored something like 90 tries in 100 games…most off Gutherson long balls!

Dylan Brown and Moses are both lightening quick and compliment each other well. One is a runner, the other has a top 3 kicking game in the NRL.

They’ve got some serious off-loaders in the pack in Paulo, RCG, and Matto, all of which have played SOO. Then you’ve got Hopgood that is a bolter for QLD this year.

Then you’ve got to consider some of the gun juniors they have coming through.

9 is a bit of a problem as you suggest, but otherwise, it’s a hell of a roster.
Gutherson one of the best fullbacks in the comp? Turbo, Papenhuyzen, Teddy, Walsh, Edwards, Mitchell are all clearly better than him. I think most people would also take Drinkwater, Hammer & Brimson. Yeah he is a great competitor, might even try the hardest in the comp, but let’s not exaggerate to say he is one of the best…

Eagle 1

First Grader
Now that Arthur is no longer coaching we might see him show up at Brookie as a spectator for some of his sons matches. Would certainly add a bit of fuel to the already building rumour mill.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Gutherson one of the best fullbacks in the comp? Turbo, Papenhuyzen, Teddy, Walsh, Edwards, Mitchell are all clearly better than him. I think most people would also take Drinkwater, Hammer & Brimson. Yeah he is a great competitor, might even try the hardest in the comp, but let’s not exaggerate to say he is one of the best…
Just an opinion…he has four SOO caps and has been consistently effective at the back for nearly ten years. I’m not suggesting he is better than the names you’ve mentioned (although he is a better fullback than Drinkwater the turnstile). He’s a rep player and club captain. Further, he earns close to a mil a season…that puts him in the marquee player category.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Brad Pitt Box GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
If he doesn't get a head coach role for next season we should get him back as an assistant he was great in 2013. If things turn south this season and they move siebs on id gladly have BA as coach at Manly.

With everything that went on at parra and what he inherited he did a great job at that ****hole

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14