Bring back ‘Up the mighty Sea Eagles’

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They do NOT say Sea Gulls. They say Seegles (sic) as Sea Eagles didn't really fit into that shortened part of the verse. I listened to it all through the 70's and 80's and not once did anyone think it said Sea Gulls nor was it ever intended to say Sea Gulls.
AND I'll debate this all through summer with swear words if anyone wants to argue otherwise.

The AFL do everything better than the nrl. I mean it took us a while but we eventually adopted their top 8 finals system after how many years? Apart from the game itself AFL outdoes NRL on almost every level. As for the songs, I don’t mind the idea.

Pretty sure that ARL's 1995 playoffs system was the first comp to use it, not the AFL. The AFL copied the ARL. Then the NRL started using it again bit later.

The ARL dumped it after the Dogs came from the bottom of the 8 to beat minor premiers Manly in the grand final. The real problem that day were Dogs tries by forward passes and 7 tackle sets.

They do NOT say Sea Gulls. They say Seegles (sic) as Sea Eagles didn't really fit into that shortened part of the verse. I listened to it all through the 70's and 80's and not once did anyone think it said Sea Gulls nor was it ever intended to say Sea Gulls.
AND I'll debate this all through summer with swear words if anyone wants to argue otherwise.

I think there are two released versions of the song in existence from the 1970s.

Dear Ella ... All the Historians, experts, and even the odd numbnut will tell you that Manly have never been called the Sea Gull's ..... and they are technically correct .... however for you information and amusement ... here is the team song as it was sung, recorded and played at Brookie and the SCG after our Grandfinal wins during the 70's ....

Whilst even the modern days captions show the words Sea Eagles .... you can clearly hear ... that what we used to sing was "Up the Mighty Sea Gulls" ......

And yes .... bring it back ... and go the Mighty Sea Gull's !!!!!!
Dear Woodsie (Officer of the Watch, Pipe Patronising Stations), wrongsie.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4