Bring back ‘Up the mighty Sea Eagles’

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's just it

I don't want manly feeling a damned thing like souff sinney, the thwannies nor saints

They have prehistoric music and we have 70s rock, we're set apart from them in a meaningful way, I don't claim centrelink I don't go for souffs
You do know that for many under 30, the seventies is prehistoric. Except for intelligent kids like Ella of course!

'Cause we're the Sea Eagles, yes the real Sea Eagles
All the other sh!tty teams are just imitating.
So won't the real Sea Eagles please stand up
Please stand up, please stand up?

Dessie's back.
Back again.

There was another theme song in the early 90s which i cant remember right now but randomly comes to mind occasionally, was quite kitch and catchy, just before eagle rock replaced it.

Anyone know it and a link?

There was another theme song in the early 90s which i cant remember right now but randomly comes to mind occasionally, was quite kitch and catchy, just before eagle rock replaced it.

My Dad was talking to me about that!!! He said he thinks it was called ‘mean to win’ by Doug Parkinson but we can’t find a recording anywhere

Ill find it soon. On an emergency trip back from NZ to Australia so most likely end of the week @HappilyManly

It was called “Mean to win” I believe. It was around the early 90,s when the Iro’s and Jughead Jones were regular names.

I have always heard "up the mighty "Sea Eagles " not "Sea Gulls." It was just shortened to fit. Interestingly the song was probably done in the late 60s or early 70s. Eagle Rock came out in 1971 and is not much newer. The tune Waltzing Matilda is much older though.

I agree with Ella. Love the old song, a little cheesy of course. "Waltzing" almost sounds like some sort of rave party trick with MDMA and a tube of toothpaste. But it takes older timers like me back. The AFL do this much better than we do.
The AFL do everything better than the nrl. I mean it took us a while but we eventually adopted their top 8 finals system after how many years? Apart from the game itself AFL outdoes NRL on almost every level. As for the songs, I don’t mind the idea.

Dear Ella ... All the Historians, experts, and even the odd numbnut will tell you that Manly have never been called the Sea Gull's ..... and they are technically correct .... however for you information and amusement ... here is the team song as it was sung, recorded and played at Brookie and the SCG after our Grandfinal wins during the 70's ....

Whilst even the modern days captions show the words Sea Eagles .... you can clearly hear ... that what we used to sing was "Up the Mighty Sea Gulls" ......

And yes .... bring it back ... and go the Mighty Sea Gull's !!!!!!
Loved this old song, a lot
I have always heard "up the mighty "Sea Eagles " not "Sea Gulls." It was just shortened to fit. Interestingly the song was probably done in the late 60s or early 70s. Eagle Rock came out in 1971 and is not much newer. The tune Waltzing Matilda is much older though.
I agree, it sounds like Sea Gulls because there is hardly any pause between Sea and Eagles.
Waltzing Maltilda's lyrics were written by Banjo Paterson in the late 1800's but the melody is reprted to be either English or Scottish
There was a push to have it as our national anthem to a song called " God bless Australia" written by Jack O'hagen in the sixties, to replace "God save the Queen", however that push died down until Bob Hawke in the early 80's replaced it with the uninspiring one we have now.

Loved this old song, a lot.I agree, it sounds like Sea Gulls because there is hardly any pause between Sea and Eagles.
Waltzing Maltilda's lyrics were written by Banjo Paterson in the late 1800's but the melody is reprted to be either English or Scottish
There was a push to have it as our national anthem to a song called " God bless Australia" written by Jack O'hagen in the sixties, to replace "God save the Queen", however that push died down until Bob Hawke in the early 80's replaced it with the uninspiring one we have now.

Way, way back on the old OEE forum I think Aaron Markie posted a link to an mp3 of the old Up the mighty Sea Eagles song. I wonder if anyone can find it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4