Brian Kelly to Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
Nice signing. Hopefully Kelly lives up to his potential.

So now it looks like Manly might have given up on DWZ and/or Whare. And this is probably due to Snake and Matai not being able to secure medical insurance payout retirements.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Also said that he only came because they promised first grade in 2017.....

1) Turbo
2) Locke
3) Kelly
4) Walker
5) Uate

???

I know Tafua is a fan fav and training with the boys - but he still doesn't have a contract for 2017?....

That's why I think Taufua is on the outer. Just a feeling. Kelly looks a good prospect and most importantly, he's young and will develop further. Good snatch. That 1-5 looks pretty good to me unless you add Omar Slamin' Killer for Uate, if the latter fails.

Bencher
This guy is a young gun, very astute signing. The Titans are beside themselves, lol, we have a young centre, and Parker for depth.

If we can get over the fact that we are rebuilding for the future, we will have another decade of dominance, with a couple of premierships to boot!

I'm excited!

Mitch

Bencher
Official from the club, notice 2018-19 though.

Manly sign exciting youngster Brian Kelly
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have pulled off a major coup with the signing of brilliant young Gold Coast Titans centre Brian Kelly.

The Sea Eagles fended off several NRL clubs and the Titans for his signature for 2018-19 and see him as a guilt edge investment for the future.

Sea Eagles Head of Football Bob Fulton spotted 20-year-old Kelly last season when looking at another Gold Coast youngster, Jed Cartwright – son of Manly Assistant Coach John Cartwright.

John Cartwright, the foundation coach of the Titans, said securing Kelly’s signature was massive for the Sea Eagles.

“Brian is a really powerful, fast kid, who can play full-back, wing, and centre. He has a similar build to Dylan Walker,’’ John said.

“Everyone up north has a huge opinion of him. It was never a case of thinking not if, but when, he will play NRL.”

Kelly was a part of the Titans 2016 Auckland Nines squad that reached the semi-finals. He scored 11 tries in 15 matches for the Titans in the NYC this season.

The Ballina Seagulls junior scored four tries for NSW in the U20s State of Origin win over Queensland this season – a feat never achieved before in this age group.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Has he been granted the release so can can play for us in 2017?
Yes, according to Gold Coast Bulletin:

“They’ve come and said we want him in 2018-19 but if we get him now, he’ll play first grade here in 2017,’’ Kelly’s manager Tas Bartlett said.

“Through their own recruitment process they’ve identified him as a person of interest to fill Steve Matai or Jamie Lyon’s position as a centre.’’

Gold Coast’s chief operating officer Tony Mestrov said with both Kelly and Cartwright having signed for significantly more money with their new outfits for 2018-19, it was in their best interest to agree to a release this season."

Thanks Tony! (Tony's a Manly junior of course)

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Official from the club, notice 2018-19 though.

Manly sign exciting youngster Brian Kelly
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have pulled off a major coup with the signing of brilliant young Gold Coast Titans centre Brian Kelly.

The Sea Eagles fended off several NRL clubs and the Titans for his signature for 2018-19 and see him as a guilt edge investment for the future.

Sea Eagles Head of Football Bob Fulton spotted 20-year-old Kelly last season when looking at another Gold Coast youngster, Jed Cartwright – son of Manly Assistant Coach John Cartwright.

John Cartwright, the foundation coach of the Titans, said securing Kelly’s signature was massive for the Sea Eagles.

“Brian is a really powerful, fast kid, who can play full-back, wing, and centre. He has a similar build to Dylan Walker,’’ John said.

“Everyone up north has a huge opinion of him. It was never a case of thinking not if, but when, he will play NRL.”

Kelly was a part of the Titans 2016 Auckland Nines squad that reached the semi-finals. He scored 11 tries in 15 matches for the Titans in the NYC this season.

The Ballina Seagulls junior scored four tries for NSW in the U20s State of Origin win over Queensland this season – a feat never achieved before in this age group.

So it seems he is being earmarked to replace skivvy.

Does that mean we are no longer interest in whare?

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So it seems he is being earmarked to replace skivvy.

Does that mean we are no longer interest in whare?

I really don't think we need him...especially after this.
Dean, as an established first grader, would have asked for decent coin, which personally I don't think he's worth. The Pennies can keep him. He's behind plenty of talent there and don't think he'll see much more NRL.

Stevo

First Grader
Yes, according to Gold Coast Bulletin:

“They’ve come and said we want him in 2018-19 but if we get him now, he’ll play first grade here in 2017,’’ Kelly’s manager Tas Bartlett said.

“Through their own recruitment process they’ve identified him as a person of interest to fill Steve Matai or Jamie Lyon’s position as a centre.’’

Gold Coast’s chief operating officer Tony Mestrov said with both Kelly and Cartwright having signed for significantly more money with their new outfits for 2018-19, it was in their best interest to agree to a release this season."

Thanks Tony! (Tony's a Manly junior of course)

And a great bloke.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16