Brett's court case today?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rex link said:
[quote author=KaZa link=topic=180528.msg225080#msg225080 date=1243303367]
what more eviddence do they need?

Phone records apparently!
[/quote]

From memory one of the papaers said that the first call was to them then the police, the phone records should be needed for that.

Nutzcraw link said:
So, it's alledged he had sex with her now...

This is news to me.... I thought it was fondling / a tongue kiss. It's starting to become obvious it is more than that. I think it's a grub act if what she is saying is even half true.

It sounds more serious now and if he did have sexual intercourse without her consent... he should be gone.
On April 7th it became public knowledge that Brett pleaded not guilty to a charge of sexual assault without consent. It's not new information. Of all people out there we (Manly supporters) shouldn't be passing judgements. As fans of Brett we all certainly hope he hasn't done anything too bad and the story is as full of holes as Swiss cheese. The media and all women's groups want to convince us all that Stewy's a monster. Let's not join the bandwagon until it's proved BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT. Good luck Brett.

Just a question to anyone who knows more about sexual assault without consent. Could the tonguey be considered the sex? It involves penetration. If sexual assault involves any form of unwanted penetration, than a tonguey without consent could be sexual assault. The tongue incident seems to be the main thing repeated in the articles. Answers anyone?

In answer to your question I believe yes it does.  But I am no lawyer

niccipops link said:
Just a question to anyone who knows more about sexual assault without consent. Could the tonguey be considered the sex? It involves penetration. If sexual assault involves any form of unwanted penetration, than a tonguey without consent could be sexual assault. The tongue incident seems to be the main thing repeated in the articles. Answers anyone?

As far as I know NO and that is why he has also been charged with one count of indecent assault whereby police claimed that Brett allegedly "forced his tongue" into the 17 year old's mouth.

Thanks for the answers. I'm still wondering if one act can overlap two charges as sexual assault is indecent assault.

it's rare that anyone is charged with just a single charge. Throw 5 at someone and 1 might stick

Dan link said:
it's rare that anyone is charged with just a single charge. Throw 5 at someone and 1 might stick
So throw 2 at someone none might stick, (Here's hoping).
Going back to the night of the incident why did anyone from the Manly club leave this guy unattended? He's such a valuable commodity to the club and was obviously in no condition to be left on his own (though it's probably a good thing he wasn't supervised by Choc). I hope in the end valuable lessons are learned by all involved, and like all Manly supporters I sincerely hope that Brett's done nothing more than act like a drunken d**khead. He seems like a really good kid. Can't wait to see him back on the field.

Speaking on behalf of all us drunken dickheads out there I am sure that Brett should be convicted of being drunk & stupid but nothing more.  Having met & spoken to him on a number of occassion inc. at the NRL launch 2 nights previous to this event I can say he is a 'good kid' and not only that the work he has done in the community should not be forgotten either.

Given that phone records, hospital reports and school reports are being subpeoned I'd say Brett's Legal eagles are looking pretty good.

Phone records will show who they called and when, hopefully it will show calls being made to other parties before 000 or Dee Why Police.

Hospital records - if they don't have them already I would say there is nothing in them to suggest assault took place or if they did they would already be part of the police brief of evidence, including statements from treating Dr/nurses, one would think anyway..

Reports have been subpeoned from three northern beaches schools, could be nothnig but could go to discredited the alleged victim if there is shown to be some sought of behaviour.

From reading the paper reports (which mean stuff all I know) it looks like the defence is subpeonering this info so maybe the brief is not that crash hot as far as evidence goes.

I can't see how a tonguie can be classified as sexual intercourse.

Can someone correct me if I am wrong however what has been release by the media to date I thought that I read somewhere that on the day of the alleged assault it was claimed that it was the first time that the alleged victim met and spoke to snake or had they known each other for some time. After all they were neighbours so you would expect that they all knew each other prior.

I think its worthy to remind everyone of the alleged victims father and of his past. It is pretty evident that his past should relate to the current proceedings and doesn't he still owe creditors a lot of money.

The tonguey is the indecent assault charge, there is two charges people seem to be getting them mixed up.

Nicci, maybe you should have come to the function we had on the coast, and whilst there were no tongues involved he was available for photo's and signatures...you would have had a ball!!!

OneEyedEagle link said:
I can't see how a tonguie can be classified as sexual intercourse.

The consecutive entries of Clontaago, Jethro and Fluffy above seem to point to the likely nature of the other allegations and the purpose of the phone record summons.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Nicci, maybe you should have come to the function we had on the coast, and whilst there were no tongues involved he was available for photo's and signatures...you would have had a ball!!!
Truthfully, a cuddle would do, and i certainly would have had fun.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7