Brett's beard

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks, the beard doesn't look great. Brett is playing well, and I agree with the poster on another thread who said that a few of our players including Brett are preserving themselves or possibly protecting injuries at present. This should help later in the year.

A bearded man is a wise man & a gentleman always endeavours to cultivate interesting facial hair.

Ergo, Brett is a wise gentleman. I see no issues with this.

Wolfpack said:
A bearded man is a wise man & a gentleman always endeavours to cultivate interesting facial hair.

Ergo, Brett is a wise gentleman. I see no issues with this.
That's right, most of the great philosophers were extremely hirsute.

c eagle said:
I think he should concentrate more on his on field performance and not how he looks....... the only thing he did last night was score that try, which was a good effort, but apart from that his kick returns and general back line involvement was poor....... he had no impact what so ever it was like he was on another plant, sure he may be injured , if so give him time to heal whatever is wrong........ last nights performance wasn't one from a player reportedly resigned for 6ook. Great player but imo last night was poor.

Which fullback would you swap him for then?

For some reason I watched Snakes game closer last night than normal.
His positional play,organisation in defence,defence,the high ball under pressure,the chiming in the backline. I wouldn't swap him for 2 Billy Slaters...

stoodamire said:
Everytime Snake does anything i get scared he's going to break down.

Makes for a very nervous viewing for 80 mins.

I get the same feeling but wouldn't swap him for all the tea in China. Snake has the best pair of hands on a fullback in the comp (must be the moisturiser he uses ;))

Let's get rid of him then and bring in the neph Peta lol. Gee tough crowd. While Snake hasn't set the world on fire, he is coming back from injury. He has been solid in these two games so far and has done his job. Not over spectacular yet in no way invisible. I would take Brett over any other fullback even at his current state. People expecting the Snake of years before will be disapointed. He is not getting younger and quicker so as a player matures they need to use their mental side of their game more so. A mature player understands his body and how to get the best out of it. He adjusts his game which I think Snake has done to minimize the reoccurrence of injury. We see Foran and Wolfman possibly doing the same as someone mentioned in another thread. The young Snake could go full tilt for a whole game but this Snake has miles on the clock and needs to manage his miles. While I'm only speculating on all of this I think it's very plausible. Only time will tell. In 3 or 4 weeks when Brett should be back to full fitness well see how he is playing then.

Nthn NSW said:
c eagle said:
I think he should concentrate more on his on field performance and not how he looks....... the only thing he did last night was score that try, which was a good effort, but apart from that his kick returns and general back line involvement was poor.......

Which fullback would you swap him for then?

For some reason I watched Snakes game closer last night than normal.
His positional play,organisation in defence,defence,the high ball under pressure,the chiming in the backline. I wouldn't swap him for 2 Billy Slaters...

Yeah which ?
His ankle was tightly strapped. He managed his injury and was selected to play for the backline coherence and professionalism. Those high balls were high pressure, and he took safely - as we all know - he is all class.

Does anyone seriously doubt that he will score 20 tries this year if he remains on the field ? And deliver the final well timed pass on 20 + more ? If he is fully fit does anyone doubt he will be the NSW SOO fullback ? Does anyone doubt he'll score the try that'll win the series for NSW ?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6