Brett Stewarts 1 year Extension

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do we have a dollar amount for the extra year?
Could be low cost with an eye to a position within the club when he retires.
If so, could be good All round cover with some retirements or injuries in the back line in the next couple of years.

This thread would not have appeared if we had won last night. Even if the win was by 2 points, and Brett had scored his obligatory try.

We were outplayed by a better team, all over the park, not just the fullback. Defence out wide on both left right sides was slow, lacked mettle. In the middle we were prone to error, lacked thrust. Singling out the fullback (scorer of 162 tries) is just rubbish.

I love Snake as much as the next Manly supporter but lets be honest with ourselves. If you werr to rank all of Snakes games from best to worst, how many of his 10 worst games would he have played this year? He's had some real stinkers. He's still a great player but I'm not sure why we gave him an extension. Should have seen how he was going for the first half of next year under a new coach and game plan before committing to another season.

Last edited:
I really don't think this is a good example at all.

Mini stayed one year too many. Tuivasa Sheck's form this year has clearly shown that and he is leaving the Roosters.
Well if memory serves me correct, it worked out ok in 2013 for them and 2014 they did pretty well too.

Very hard for the Rorters to retain Roger TS after the Warriors wave huge bucks at him and a chance to go home.

Snake will be phased out eventually and Tommy Turbo for all the brilliance he has is still learning and needs to improve.

Snake was always going to get an extension. Zorba's closeness to the Stewart family and the purge perpetrated by him and Penn for the failure to sign up Gifty, ensured Snake would get what he wanted. For me, I'm glad he's staying. Still a great player and a vital link in the backline.

I agree that Tom T isn't ready to be the fulltime fullback right now. However, Snake isn't getting any younger and due to his size he lives and dies by his speed. That's always the first thing to go with players over 30. I think we may have kept him for one year to many but to am extent, he has earned the right to retire when he wants. Jamie, Matai and Matty B have done the same.

Snake and Matty Ballin both signing contract extensions in the one year. What a great year it has been. Well done Penn.

So how long before Snake gets the tap on the shoulder too ??

We can all see the bleedin obvious: that 2017 will be Snake's last year in the NRL - if his body makes it that far. After that, ESL if he wants. Matty Bowen seems to be still enjoying his footy over there.
Praps its too early for him to to be thinking about what sort of role he might be interested in at MMWSE in a few years from now.
One day the club will be able to distance itself from the ZtH influence . Happy Day. :rofl: Only then will the club be able to see clearly IF a Joey style role for the young outside backs suits both it AND Brett.
Perish the thought that Brett takes his Maroon & White developed skills and mentoring to some other NRL club. No No no no NO !

I have no problem with Snake continuing on until 2017 provided his form warrants it. Last night was not a good way to celebrate signing a contract extension because he was a non-event (though he wasn't alone because in reality only Justin Horo can hold his head up after that game).

I agree that this thread wouldn't exist had we either won or only just lost and Snake had crossed for his usual Brookvale try.

Last night did show me something. We all know that Snake, when in form, is one of the best FB's in rugby league.....but the difference between his running game and that of RTS is night and day. According to the NRL.com stats, Snake had 8 runs for 56 metres. RTS ran the ball 22 times and racked up 252 metres.

As much as we all love Snake for what he has done in the maroon and white #1 jumper, I think most of us will relish having Tommy as our future FB.

Fickle bunch, Snake is still our most influential player

I don't think anyone will argue that he's one of our most influential players. But when he plays games like he did last night its a bit hard not to be critical. Especially when his opposite number completely outclassed him.

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11