Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
While acknowledging Brett's undoubted ability and his try scoring record, I'm a little bit concerned that his play is becoming somewhat predictable. I've noticed that his cross field running is tending to petre out leading to an inside pass to Bell who staggers around before being buried, also there seems to be a lack of cruising through the middle of the ruck looking for the off-load from a forward. Is it that with the absence of BK no one else is capable of an offload to this whiz kid or has there been instructions for him to stay back and cruise the backline? Are there just to many bodies out wide and it just gets cluttered?

Did you see Stewart in origin?!

He gave that lovely off-load to put Cooper away, which if he had half a brain would of scored and gave a lovely ball to Hoffman, who if he knew how to draw a full-back, would have let Stewart score under the posts and would have finished the game with 1 try assist and setting up and scoring his own try.

I thought he was very good again, although i'd still like for him to get more involved in the attack. 2 Origins and not 1 mistake - pretty good in my books.

I know what DSM5 is saying, and i tend to agree with it

Has been a pattern of his play the last couple of years to get in the backline and drift sideways like he did in that try v Parra, but more often than not he gets taken to the line and needs to pop an inside ball to Bell or Hicks.

I would much prefer us to use him in his Origin role where he was popping up everywhere and hitting holes at speed. Cutherberson seems to be a keen offloader so if he can continue to work on his game he could be a man to run off, same with Afamasaga, Menzies back in the pack may open that up too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4