Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys - 1 to 16 (where do you rate Stewart in the scheme of Fullbacks?)

01. Brett Stewart
02. Billy Slater * QLD
03. Brett Hodgson
04. Matt Bowen * QLD
05. David Simmons
06. Luke Burt
07. Preston Campbell
08. William Zillman
09. Kurt Gidley
10. David Peachey
11. Luke Patten
12. Karmicheal Hunt * QLD
13. Wade Mckinnon
14. Rhys Wesser
15. Ben Hornby
16. Anthony Minichello * NSW

I think 5th. I placed a * next to the players I believe is better.
It also goes to show how lucky as fans we are to have him on board for a long time to come !!!

What about you guys? I listed the fullbacks in relation to where their team is on the ladder (cough, cough - except for one - hehehehe)

3rd for mine.

Mini & Bowen 1 and 2. Stewart closely pips Hunt for 3rd imo but I am a little bias.

Geez, there is some good fullbacks around... I'd take nearly everyone of them in my team!!

I'd rate Minichello, Hunt, Bowen ahead of Stewart... the rest come after.

yeah I'm with you there Ryan...a little improvement in Stewarts kick return and I'll bump him up that list a bit!

If Stewart returned kicks better, he would be a great fullback. Whilst he's probably the best in open play and in attack, the kick return with the catch, stop & have a look puts us under pressure as we are starting usually 10 - 15 mtrs shy of where we need to be.
I think the role of fullback is changing to taller footballers with arial skills to diffuse or impact on the bombs.
On that basis Stewart would be 4 0r 5 th on the list.

I would have him sitting in 5th atm. As a few others have said if he improves his kicking game i would shift him up to 3rd.

In saying that though i would not swap him for anyone else either!!

Where can I find stats for kick return metres for fullbacks? I can vaguely remember a comentator saying Stewart was up in the top 2 or 3 fullbacks for metres gained from kick returns.

It well may be a perception, but watch when he plays next (or go through replays), he'll catch the ball and stop and have have an elongated look at the defensive line. Other fullbacks "seem" to have the ability to catch the ball and keep moving and think at the same time.

Don't get me wrong, would not want to swap him for anyone. His attacking value from mid field and backing up play is invaluable to the teams success.

Where can I find stats for kick return metres for fullbacks? I can vaguely remember a comentator saying Stewart was up in the top 2 or 3 fullbacks for metres gained from kick returns.

That would surprise me. Hunt, Mini, Slater & McKinnon seem a lot more aggressive in that department & Bowen seems more elusive. He needs to watch a few Wombat Eadie videos to inspire him. Other than that I'd have him right up there.
Again, I wouldn't swap him for anyone either.

Im not 100% sure, like I said I vaguely remember something like that being said.

I would have thought, Mini and Hunt would be in front of him for sure but not by that much. They may charge back harder but they generally get put straight to ground.

http://203.20.74.147/NRL07/index.html

Detailed stats etc. You can find average kick-return metres there.

Brett averages roughly 50 metres of kick returns a game from 4.6 kick returns. Luke Patten for example gets about the same metres a game, but has 5.2 kick returns a game.

thanks Styles,

so for players that have played 5 or more games based on average metres per kick return:

1 – Hunt 13.09/return
2 – Kearney 12.5/return
3 – Hodgson 12.05/return
4 – McKinnon 11.75/return
5 – Miniciello 11.30/return
6 – Zillman 11.28/return
7 – Slater 11.03/return
8 – Campbell 10.95/return
9 – Wesser 10.86/return
10 – Stewart 10.80/return
11 – Bowen 10.10/return
12 – Gidley 10.08/return
13 – J.Morries 9.78/return
14 – Pattern 9.75/return
15 – Burt 9.59/return
16 – Mathers 9.37/return
17 – Peachey 8.89/return

Cheers Will & Matt.

As CIG said not much between them, the way some talk about his kick returns you would think he would be 5 metres below Hunt & Mini.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4