Brett Stewart Talks LIVE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Wheel link said:
The only thing I can add if the Brett incident didn't occur would Gallop have fined the club for the Choc incident - I say not.

That might is his spin now but the fine IMO was a direct result of Brett being charged and the false media reports that followed.

Yeah as was the suspension. Gallop panicked at the time and now (and then) looks like a goose.

The point I found annoying from Fatty was he stated footballers get themselves in trouble by staying out into the wee hours of the morning, it would better if they went home early.

I would argue that if Brett had stayed out late and not gone home around 9ish (I think it was 9ish, hope I'm not wrong) then the girl would not have been out the front, and Brett could have just gone into his apartment un-harassed and this whole mess would not have happened.

Once again an example of the media having a tirade without thinking about the facts.

I know Brett is well out of pocket but gees he is hardly homeless boys.

I think your money would be better spent by donating to a charity (and i'm sure the stewart's would agree)

Maybe someone can make up some t-shirts with something like the prince of brookvale is back to sell on this or the club's website as a fundraiser for Brett?

tookey link said:
Maybe someone can make up some t-shirts with something like the prince of brookvale is back to sell on this or the club's website as a fundraiser for Brett?

Now thats a good idea. 20,000 + fans at Brookie with shirts on in support of Brett at his first game back. Club could do some cross promotional work and include a shirt with ticket deal. Buy a shirt and wear in support of Brett and get half price ticket??

I will tell you what i expect. Gallop should appear on TFS tonight.

He should make every effort to undo the harm he has caused Brett Stewart and undo the damage done to the sport of Rugby league by his prejudiced decision making that helped drag the game through the mud.

He should now condemn the shoddy police investigation and the flawed process which sent the case to trial. He should send a message that NRL football players should not be targeting with false allegations & that if the NRL is to endorse a policy that promotes acceptable conduct by its players then it must condemn anyone who attempts to misuse the intentions of the policy.  

He should make a public statement in support of Brett and in support of the game.

This is as a minimum. There is a great deal more he should do. l

Bradza link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=185580.msg299586#msg299586 date=1285801335]
It is a good idea, although I doubt the club would codone it.

To be honest I hope this is Brett's one and only interview and that he doesn't \"sell his souil for the money\".

Having met and talked to guy on many occasions he seems a very down to earth, private sort of person and I really can't imagine him wanting his life exposed...especially for money.

I am sure he wan't to take a chance to thank everyone for their support which is why he'd be doing this tonight, but otherwise I rekon he would just want to be left alone.

Mark - this would not be selling your soul for money. It is simply a practical means for recouping a massive cost that could not be avoided. If he accepts nothing more than what his costs total to, it will be another example of integrity. It should also not be forgotten that the majority of the public has not had the benefit and insight to the evidence that we have had. Having the real story out there helps minimise the damage to his public image which you cannot put a price on.
[/quote]
I reckon he should write a book (with the help of an author / publisher) either specifically about the incident (lead-up / alleged event / aftermath / trial), or an autobiography including the trial. I think it would sell well and even non league fans would buy it as well. He'd make a killing from it.

I think the t-shirt idea is great! But I also think the money raised would be better used for some sort of charity... I don't think Brett would even accept the money anyway... But I do believe a sea of shirts supporting Brett would be an awesome touch to the first home game next year!

I touched on this on another thread yesterday & I stand corrected.
Rather than give it Fatty & Ch 9 before we've seen it, give them some credit for maybe trying to undo some of the damage that had been perpetuated.
They're the most watched show about Footy on TV & it's GF week, so getting Gus to do an interview & air it tonight less than 48 hrs after the verdict is maybe the olive branch that we all feel needs to be passed.
Fair play to them I say & after all if Brett & Jaime want to do it, maybe the healing can start for everyone.

Is it Gus doing the interview as i just watched Danny the man interviewing Stewart on nine news ?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2