Brett Stewart speaks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Brett Stewart starts new rehab
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=32157&brett-stewart-starts-new-rehab

25/11/2010 12:23:03 PM
Star Manly fullback Brett Stewart spoke for the first time today about his hopes for the 2011 season and the try scoring sensation says he will be ready to play his role come the start of the season.

“There has been much discussion about how I am going but I am putting in long hours on my recovery and every day gets a little easier. I want to let the Manly fans know how much I appreciate the letters and e mails of support. It has been overwhelming and I want to reply to as many as I can in the next few weeks.
“Getting back on the field again playing my role in the team is where I want to be. I have read where I won’t be ready for round one …..well I’m not thinking that way,” Stewart said before undergoing training on a special trampoline at Narrabeen as part of his daily routine with physiotherapist Andre Rickenbach.

Rickenbach first treated Stewart after his initial first grade game in 2003 when he damaged shoulder trying to tackle a runaway Jamie Lyon.
Here are some of the questions put to Stewart by media prior to him undergoing a session at the Northern Beaches Gymnastics Centre on Pittwater Road.

Serious injuries to both knees in the past two seasons – how much does that play on your mind?
Obviously I think about it but I have played enough football to know that confidence builds with each game back and I will be the same. Look at Shane Rodney for example – he has been dogged by injuries and has been one of our most consistent players in recent seasons. Confidence is a great healer.

Do you have a genuine fear that you may have lost a yard of pace?
That’s a time will tell thing. I believe if I work hard enough at my recovery then the speed will gradually come back. Speed is a gift – you either have it or you don’t.

You have to grow accustomed to recovery stints in the pool, treadmill, balance exercises or in this case a trampoline- how frustrating is it not slogging it out with the boys?
It is the thing I miss most about training but I have had to get used to it.I really miss my time with my team mates. In the future I won’t spend as much time on field training as I did early in my career. I know I will have to manage my on field time better and we have the right medical and training staff at Manly to moniter that time for me. I will be guided by them.

Andre Rickenbach – how much an influence on your recovery?
A lot - I spend more time with him than my own family. He is a total professional and he is always available and plans my training to the minute. I couldn’t be in better hands. I believe off the field Manly show the way in terms of rehabilitation and recovery. In the last 18 months he has been a great sounding board for me.

Are you looking to take on a senior role next season? At 25 you are a veteran to young boys like Will Hopoate , Michael Oldfield and Kieran Foran.

I have taken on a senior role in the last few seasons but it is great to see the enthusiasm coming through with the young players. We are excited about what they will bring to the team.

What are your goals for 2011?
To make an immediate influence to the team, do the job expected of me…and to ensure I contribute to the team in every aspect on and off the field. I also want to contribute to the club as well and to the fans who have been great to me. I just want to play consistently. My goal is to play in round one against the Melbourne Storm.

and now we have to bloody wait and contain this excitement ,how many days to go lol ??? we need a countdown clock !!!!

MANLY4LIFE link said:
and now we have to bloody wait and contain this excitement ,how many days to go lol ??? we need a countdown clock !!!!
We have to find out when the bloody game is on as well

Here's hoping he is the cinderella story of 2011, all the makings are there. Falsely accused of a crime, 2 bad injuries back to back. Lets hope for a big return season

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4