Brett Stewart NRL's best player

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thurston, Slater, Inglis? You can have them. Snake is the man who changes the class of his team. 07/08 best team in the comp. 09/10 struggled with the same roster minus Stewart. 11/12 well, here we are again!

No single player is worth anything without a solid team around him but I reckon the greatness of the player comes down to how much he lifts the rest of the team - giving them confidence - putting polish on the team performance. I think Thurston, Slater and Inglis are brilliant players in their own right - they don't offer enough to the rest of the team though. Cameron Smith is in the same class as Brett Stewart but Snake's individual brilliance and try scoring rate tips it his way imo.

Yep. The reason Manly are the best team of the current era is because our squad is lifted by the best player of the current era. Brett Stewart.

(got laughed out of town with this on another forum but sticking solid)

Agreed most valuable player with Lyon in the Manly club. Best combo of defence/attack from fullback in the game.

Whilst I agree I think we have 3 or 4 players in our team that are so important, obviously on is snake then I would add Lyon, Foran and probably Glenn.

I might add I adored the great Wombat Eadie and never thought I would see his like again in the maroon and white.

I was wrong Brett is a superstar.

Thank god he re-signed.

Yea, Wombat Graham Eadie was one of my childhood idols, with Randall, Krilich, Des, then later Beaver, Toovs, Cliffy etc.

It's awesome to see many great players in the Maroon & White in the current era, putting in many brilliant performances on the field and doing our previous great players proud.

Whilst I hate all in the stinkin' cheatin' mexican storm jersey, I rate Slater over Snake thus far but not by much.
Yea, it's so good that he & Gifty are sticking with Manly and The Prince Of Brookvale sure has the chance to earn that title in future.

There is little better than seeing Snake fly, and gel in great plays with our current roster, and of course score tries!

Go Manly!

Garts said:
Whilst I agree I think we have 3 or 4 players in our team that are so important, obviously on is snake then I would add Lyon, Foran and probably Glenn.

Matai's input is up there too. Best dummy half runner in the comp imo.

Can't argue with all the love for Gifty, Killer, Foran, Matai etc. Manly wouldn't have Premierships without Kitey, Ballin, King, Watmough either. Got to have plenty up front and out wide to get anywhere near a Grand Final.

Not since Johns at the Knights has a team dropped from Premiership contenders to Top8 hopefuls with the absence of one player though.

Think back to the times Robo was filling in, and this year with Whare at fullback. Two fine players right there but without Brett in the no1 jumper Manly's potential is instantly 6-8 places lower on the ladder.

The dude is that good!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4