Brett Stewart: Ball skils, passing game - Future Manly (Backline) Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
You can see why some of the fullbacks of recent yore have transitioned to Five-eight, hooker. Lockyer, Gidley, etc.

Hundreds of times we have seen Snake pass quickly or in an inventive manner to lead to winger or other tries. Flick passes, passes between his legs, miraculous pickups off the ground followed by immediate pass to try scorer. Hundreds of passes to Michael Robertson which lead to oodles of tries. Kite's try in the 2008 GF, and that DCE try last year spring instantly to mind. If you carefully watch the 2011 GF you can see BS and DCE arranging the first try about 1 minute before it happens.

With Foz there, i'm not suggesting that Brett should be Manly's 5/8. Besides his knees wouldn't stand it. His cover defence is built on speed and anticipation.

BUT . . should Brett stay, then he becomes an instant MWSE Immortal, and yes, his continued presence should attract other young players to the club. If Andrew Johns can be backline coach, then Brett Stewart can also in the future.

For all our sakes, and for many reasons, Snake should remain Prince of Brookvale. Be there Monday night to convince him.

Nice post , i do agree good fullbacks these days when chiming into the line, are basically 5/8s them selves in a way, they will either look to pass and create or hit the whole themselves. The skillset of a good fullback these days is very high!!

Brett could definately coach skills in all those departments and even speed we all know especially in his younger days how quick he was !! All the years of being trained by sprint coaches etc im sure he could help assist outside backs with this aspect also.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4