Brett Finch charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
View attachment 19840Finch has been identified as a former Manly Sea Eagle. Classic News Corp.

The above is a screenshot from the video at https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...ws-story/419d4432d391b6ed08728b67f33d49b6.The caption appears from just after the 30 sec mark.

While the reference to our club may be a trivial error in the context of such serious allegations, you have to wonder how on earth it could happen. The casual observer will look at it and say “another Manly player in trouble…” It’s not good enough from News Corp. The club should complain.
Link not working so Fux must have removed it ... could have just changed it from Manly to Melbourne & Rorters

So less than a week after a ridiculous puff piece about how hard things are for him and how he has hit rock bottom, THIS happens?

Honestly - what a disgrace.

THIS type of stuff makes me sick to my stomach. Even just knowing that there is a tenuous link is bad enough, let along he actually be charged/guilty.

This is why clubs (ours in particular) need to do our best to not only have the best rugby league players, but also the best people we possibly can in the club. Once an eagle, always an eagle. Set our standards high and try to stick to them. And if that means some of the best players don't play for us - i am fine with that.

As for Finch. Best of luck in the trial matie.... you'd better hope you get off.... coz the alternative won't be pretty.

The work experience boy who wrote the copy, using his initiative after completing his HSC, worked it out that 'Finch' was a bird and that the only NRL club with a bird insignia is the Eagles. . .
anybody could make such a mistake!

Having occasionally worked with the area (as in product/services) in AFP that deals with this sort of thing and other child exploitation offences etc. I can tell you they rarely get it wrong as they trap the suspect into confirming their identity. The "entrapment" defence doesn't work here as they are protecting the Australian Public.

For his Families sake alone, I hope he is proven innocent but sadly for them, I think he has a long time in lock-up coming.

Having occasionally worked with the area (as in product/services) in AFP that deals with this sort of thing and other child exploitation offences etc. I can tell you they rarely get it wrong as they trap the suspect into confirming their identity. The "entrapment" defence doesn't work here as they are protecting the Australian Public.

For his Families sake alone, I hope he is proven innocent but sadly for them, I think he has a long time in lock-up coming.
Agree, they get a lot of info before moving on a suspect.

View attachment 19840Finch has been identified as a former Manly Sea Eagle. Classic News Corp.

The above is a screenshot from the video at https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...ws-story/419d4432d391b6ed08728b67f33d49b6.The caption appears from just after the 30 sec mark.

While the reference to our club may be a trivial error in the context of such serious allegations, you have to wonder how on earth it could happen. The casual observer will look at it and say “another Manly player in trouble…” It’s not good enough from News Corp. The club should complain.
Michael Slater's just been arrested again. I'm sure it won't be long till the arrest stories start describing him as 'well-known Manly Sea Eagles fan".

Re Finch, the media should note that no bird-named player has ever played for manly.

For example Brett Finch, Ian Herron, Geoff Starling, Logan Swann, chook raper, Craig Wing, Greg Bird...John Quayle.

Actually Brent Kite and Lloyd Parrot, but you get the point.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8