Brenton Lawrence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Leho

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Retired
Involved with them corporately and received this not long ago
Might of dodged a bullet

Attachments

• 13200DFE-CD3E-42EE-92FE-82C47A2D8507.png
    13200DFE-CD3E-42EE-92FE-82C47A2D8507.png
    184 KB · Views: 122
Reminds me of Richie Fa’aso and Ben Ross to name a couple.. brave comebacks from neck injuries. BJ is up there with those brave warriors that didn’t give up their dreams of ending their careers on their own terms. He was a whole hearted player for Manly and he showed loyalty and gratitude to the club during some vulnerable and turbulent years of his career and health. All the best to him in the future

Whole hearted and committed player and he should be pleased with and given much credit for his contribution to the Sea Eagles and brave come back from injury . Such exceptional pace for a big man. Hope that all goes well for him post footy career .

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/b74d06f10728cc47cae7841e30644dd7

BRENTON Lawrence will not get a chance to don the Titans jersey once again, after announcing his retirement from rugby league.

The forward was set to play for the Gold Coast next season — after debuting with the club in 2011 — but has decided to retire from the game because he can no longer handle the rigours of an NRL season.

“It’s with mixed emotions I make this decision,” Lawrence said in a statement.

“I would love to feel like a 20-year-old and have many more seasons ahead, (but) the reality is I’m not and I believe this is the best decision for the team, and for myself.”

Titans coach Garth Brennan and CEO Graham Annesley both praised Lawrence for putting the club first.

Annesley has indicated that they may now find an off-field role for Lawrence.

“We are currently talking to Brenton about how we can keep him involved with the Titans,” Annesley said.

I really enjoyed watching BJ play for Manly. He was a real trier. I hope he has a successful career in his new profession.
I'm sure he'd be more erudite in the media than guys like Lockyer and Joey Johns.

Good luck to BJ! A genuine nice guy who bravely gave his all to Manly, as well as his charity work. Having had such an injury, he's probably made a wise decision :clap:

Onya BJ - a great ambassador on and off the field for the club. We could do worse than give him a player welfare role at the Club, certainly appears to have the integrity and ethical standards that young kids coming through could learn from.

Bows out a Manly Legend in my eyes. When he signed I remember asking .who? But he matched it with the best props in the game when he was at his best. All the best with fatherhood BJ.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8