Brenton Lawrence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And still the "experts" think we have no depth.
Just goes to show that they don't watch rugby league, they only watch channel nein.

Oh no, we're losing Orford? Manly have no halfback!!! If they knew their ankle from their arsehole they would've realised at that point we had Hodko, Cherry and Riccardi. But they didn't know that, because they're idiots.

I wish the media would just shut the fark up about Manly.
They don't know what they're talking about. They don't watch lower grades. They just say what they say to piss me off.

Go away media. You fools. Talk about someone else and leave us be. We know we have depth. You people know nothing and make yourselves sound more and more stupid with every word that comes out of your mouths.

I find it offensive that these stupid, stupid people are on my television. They have no right to mention Manly. They can go back to blowing SBW and Benji. The dickheads will love that.

agreed Duff but championships aren't handed out in March. We can only hope our injuries are less near finals time this year. We played really well but don't think Broncos are any type of benchmark.

Adding my agreement.

Very impressive debut for us.

All the new guys slotted into their roles very nicely.

People are jumping the gun.

King has been the cornerstone of our frontrow for a decade and is a current captain, he starts next week with Lawrence shifting back to the bench.

Lawrence played great last night and if he keeps it up he may push for a start but at the moment its premature to put Kingy out to pasture

Disco said:

King has been the cornerstone of our frontrow for a decade and is a current captain, he starts next week with Lawrence shifting back to the bench.

Lawrence played great last night and if he keeps it up he may push for a start but at the moment its premature to put Kingy out to pasture

Big supporter of BJ but I agree with this. When King comes back fit, BJ will slot in as a bench player. It adds depth and when he comes in with the other pack tired he will take even more metres.

It also gives us the opportunity to not play injured or underdone forwards. We have a number of props who could all start and offer a lot.

King has been an origin player and deserves his spot. It's up to Brenton to play like that each week. It will make King sit up though after that performance.

What you see is what you get with BJ. Even at the Titans with very limited minutes he played like he did last night.

I think I remember one poor game where he made some errors. Not a bad strike rate.

Disco said:

Agree with this. King is the man for now. Lawrence is the heir apparent and, if he bides his time, will have the baton passed to him.

King has to be a definite starter with Lawrence on the bench. King started from the bench in a SOO game, if I remember correctly, and had little impact.

Lawrence will give us great impact off the bench if last night is anything to go by.

I dont think it matters so much who "starts" and who comes on from the bench these days it's about minutes played. If there is a difference Lawrence has super leg speed ( where Kingy obviously doesnt ) and would provide much greater impact from the bench IMO - and King may be better suited to the first 15-20 when its more bash and barge and less open ( usually ).

Anyway again hats off to our recruiters for buying great players within limited means its what is keeping us near the top.

Ryan said:
Lawrence is this club's current best prop, and should be in the selectors minds for rep football. Knowing our luck, he's probably a fricken QLD'er.

YEP ,Born in adelaide and graded by Canberra so i guess that makes him a queenslander

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8