Brent Kite

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brent Kite is easily in my top 5 Manly players of all time. Signed with us when no one else would, which pulled us out of a certain demise. BK followed, and then his Clive Churchill medal in ‘08 with his try in front of a heaving northern stand full of Manly supporters, and his “love you all” speech. The guy deserves every good thing in life for what he has given us.

https://m.tweeddailynews.com.au/news/league-legend-to-lead-raiders-into-new-season/3280123/

"I just hope as a club we can build on that culture... I'd just like to put my own touch on what they have been doing well already and try and go one step better next year.”

Kite, who captained Tonga at the last World Cup in 2013, will fly to the Tweed each week for training sessions before moving his family up from Sydney in January.

"I'm not on Facebook but the wife saw the ad and we have been meaning to head up here post NRL, it was just finding a club to come and settle at,” he said.

For a club that doesn't pay its coaches or players, Raiders must be doing something right, with the likes of another former Origin great, Gary Belcher, volunteering his time in the junior ranks.

https://m.northernstar.com.au/news/kite-flying-high-at-tweed-coast/3273715/
Kite, 36, won his first grand final with Manly in 2008, taking home the medal for best player on the field in a 40-0 thrashing of the Melbourne Storm.

He won a second premiership with the Sea Eagles when they defeated the New Zealand Warriors 24-10 in 2011.

Kite made his NRL debut in 2002 as a front-rower for St George Illawarra. He also played 14 Tests for Australia and 10 State of Origin games for NSW.

Kite played his final two seasons with Penrith and finished with 313 NRL games.

He will not play in the NRRRL after a shoulder injury forced him into retirement in 2015.

"It's massive for us, especially with the number of young front-rowers we having coming through,” Tweed Coast president Josh Sattler said.

Advertisement

Great asset and competitor in his Manly years .Always a good role model and influence for younger players . Hope that his coaching or continuing coaching career goes well

Well hopefully one day Manly will see the light and make him a Life Member as well.

Could not have asked for a better role model, even if that was backwards and bum first at times lol.

https://m.northernstar.com.au/news/kite-flying-high-at-tweed-coast/3273715/
Kite, 36, won his first grand final with Manly in 2008, taking home the medal for best player on the field in a 40-0 thrashing of the Melbourne Storm.

He won a second premiership with the Sea Eagles when they defeated the New Zealand Warriors 24-10 in 2011.

Kite made his NRL debut in 2002 as a front-rower for St George Illawarra. He also played 14 Tests for Australia and 10 State of Origin games for NSW.

Kite played his final two seasons with Penrith and finished with 313 NRL games.

He will not play in the NRRRL after a shoulder injury forced him into retirement in 2015.

"It's massive for us, especially with the number of young front-rowers we having coming through,” Tweed Coast president Josh Sattler said.

Advertisement
The NRRRL is 3 times better than the NRL.

I believe not. Happy to be corrected though.
Kitey was captain a few times :nod:

I remember a particular interview he gave that was funny and self efacing.

It was a game (2011???) where for the first time in decades, Chez dribbled the ball out and Fiz regathered on the 10 meter line. Opponent was expecting a deep kick as the game was in the balance. Manly went on to win the game :clap:

Reporter 'Did DCE and Kieran run that play by you first?'
Kitey 'Yeah' :happy: 'No they didn't, but I would have said yes given the result' :D

Kitey was awarded MWDRLFC Life Membership in 2015.
Gave a tearfull acceptance speech as he reminisced on his path :inlove:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8