Brent Kite didn't want to leave Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Kite didn't want to leave....

Manly prop Brent Kite, the 2008 Clive Churchill Medal winner, has spoken for the first time about being squeezed out of Brookvale, claiming he "earned the right" to finish his career with the Sea Eagles.

Read the full article

{Edit - Submitted as Article and format tidied up - C&C}

Kite didn't want to leave....

Trust Ritchie to drag up the board in an otherwise alright interview, move on please journos the board may not get on but " look at the score board"

RE: Kite didn't want to leave....

Great answer to the ageing roster question . Journos are lemmings and Kitey got this one good

wombatgc said:
" . . . I don't mind Penrith. It would have been funny to go to some other clubs, though."
Kitey would never be a Dog. Nor Storm, I'd say.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Trust Ritchie to drag up the board in an otherwise alright interview, move on please journos the board may not get on but " look at the score board"
Yeah I know
It's been very quiet on the that issue lately maybe Vid or jonesy can tell us differently again lol

Dean Ritchie the red headed mummies boy.
This story is mostly OK but he was digging for kite to bag the club, 1 for not getting a renewal and 2 to blame the board.
Remember Sam Rarmie, Jess Ibis and others. He is always looking for the dig in on the club.
Kite has to much class for that. Better luck next time you red headed fool.

Kite is, and will always be one of my all time favorite players, characters, influences on the team and all round champion.

Oh, and the day he put one on Michael Crocker's chin will be etched in my memory forever ! Outstanding ! The ruffian :)

I said it in another thread, but Kite could just be the first former Manly player not be boo'ed upon his return to Brookie.

Some very nice words by Brent. It's a shame he's leaving. He's been great for our club and will be missed.

As an aside should there be cap relief for number of games played as well as total years?

200 First grade games is a fair achievement....you should not have to leave a club after that level of service (unless you want too)

Why would you want to leave Manly ? Especially to go to the 'Riff.

It's a bummer he has been squeezed out, but we got the best out of him and we look like we have some willing and able replacements. It's a pity that we couldn't get a good young 'un prop to be mentored by BK. Tasi or JWH may have learnt a bit from him had they hung around. With any luck he has been working with a few of the younger guys in NSW Cup / NYC teams

We have that good young prop, Ligi Sao, he could be anything

And I have heard so much about Cunningham over the years, he should have learnt a bit

A wonderful player and he seems a great bloke. He also seems to be smart and gracious enough to have a successful business career after football, perhaps within a RL club, in the media or an unrelated field.

What a difference to the way Brent is leaving and those couple of tarnished 'Berries.

It would be nice if he could stay but I don't know too many props to go out on their own terms. Webke was an exception that proved the rule.

It is a shame that kitey is leaving. He has given alot to this club, and i understand the need for him to move on.

Guys like symonds could give this club 10 yrs.

I hope that once kitey hangs up the boots he comes back to manly to suport the future team.

lovefooty said:
Dean Ritchie the red headed mummies boy.
This story is mostly OK but he was digging for kite to bag the club, 1 for not getting a renewal and 2 to blame the board.
Remember Sam Rarmie, Jess Ibis and others. He is always looking for the dig in on the club.
Kite has to much class for that. Better luck next time you red headed fool.

As a messenger he blows. But deep down we all know that the board is as dysfunctional as a Charles Manson' dinner party. And as one of my all-time favorite Eagles I am disappointed he won't be finishing his NRL career with us.

Be good to see how ligi sao goes for us when he gets given the chance. Brenton lawrence has been going good this year. What happened to that Cunningham?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7