BREAKING NEWS: NRL to change its name

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
It has been announced today that the NRL has started the process to change the name of the competition. This comes after moves from the NRL to stamp out every facet that makes the game what it is and has been for 100 years.

As yet the NRL have not confirmed the new name, but it is believed that they are deciding between,
NNL (national netball league)
NFBL (National Fluffy Bunny League)
NWBL (National Wet Blanket League)

It's widely believed that David Gallop was horrified that a contact sport resulted in punch ups over the weekend and feels strongly that the game should take on a softer more PC friendly appeal.

Along with the name change of the competition, moves are also being made to rename certain parts of the game itself.

From here on out, tackles will be renamed to "Cuddles" and all players must stop dead before the cuddle, embrace and kiss each other on the cheek.

Scrums will be renamed to Orgies, or love fests, and each player in the scrum will be required to say at least one nice thing to the opposite player, and all will have to embrace individually before packing the orgy.

The kick off will be renamed to "Ball Sharing" to encourage a friendlier, more mutually respective environment.

The "sin Bin" is being renamed to "The Naughty Corner" where the referee will sit the player down and explain to them what they have done wrong. Accordingly the 5 and 10 minute limit will be removed and players will be allowed back on when they feel they understand what they have done wrong, and are ready to say sorry to the other player and referee

Another startling move, has been announced also, where the score of the game will no longer be kept, as it is believed this can lead to animosity and competition, when the game is really after simply promoting brotherly love of your fellow man.

The premiership trophy will also be replaced with a vase of flowers.

It is hoped that these moves will bring more fans from other codes, like the AFL where similar measures have been in place for several years.

I am particularly proud of my closing sentence.

I watched FOX yesterday - did anyone else see the AFL (and I mean AFL stoush) being played in the highlights. Nothiong was said much about it by the way.

I wonder how many mothers looked at that and said my son wont play AFL?

You forgot to mention that in future every game will also be subject to legal action against any player not adhering to the new rules which Gallop hopes anticipates will create huge amounts of additonal work for useless lawyers like himself who will then be able to purchase their 10th, 11th and 12th investment properties/holiday homes.

Did anyone else notice how our game kept all others off the pages when they all had important stuff to get out there? Excellent result.

Wayne Bennett just came up with a further new rule: every player to get their own football so that there is no squabbling over just one. Ben Creagh to get two, because he needs a pair!

Our season is over because Manly did what exactly what everyone has done for 103 years of Rugby league.

Praised in Origin, detrimental to the game in a Manly game.

Goolya might just give us some $$$ for Brookie yet!All the hysteria about the fight,has kept craig "not me" thompson off the front pages.
As far as new names for the NRL,I think NRL is just fine,I've been caling them the "No Real Leadership" for ages now.

NRL caved in to media over hysteria they created when Brett was charged.

Anyone seriously thinking the NRL aren't just about to do the same is living in fairy land.

In State of origin this stuff is ok. In a club game the NRL are as weak as you know what.

Florists will be stoked after yesterday, they get to bid for the new NRL "trophy" now

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6