Breakaway comp: Clubs’ real rebel league threat rocks NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It depends on what the teams do with it. I expect the concern is that the owners will take it to recoup losses and it wont go back into the game. Its a bit ironic though when the consider how the NRL have failed to financially support grass roots football. IMO the NRL commission is an expensive white elephant.

Guess that a fair question could be if 5 mil per club or combined 85 mil [ 17 clubs ] per annum could be sustainable long term when future revenue projections can not be that assured . Thought that during Covid , finances were actually quite dire , bit of a haircut all round to manage through but 5 proposal mil increase ongoing , pretty dramatic uptick on the current 13 mil allocation or so . Even though the Super League fiasco was some time ago , still would not trust clubs like the Panthers to act in the best interests of the game . Maybe revolving around self interest , Panthers preferring a substantial increase to then maybe translate into a much bigger cap allocation to keep more of their premiership players , Owners like Crowe and could even be the Penns and others wishing to recoup more back from their past investments . Any talk or threat of break away comps and again after the Super League upheaval and suggested by certain clubs , just be regarded with a lot of caution and scepticism

1667774362343.png

https://twitter.com/BuzzRothfield

Imagine going that bad that this image is the best they could pick out of a photo shoot

ARLC chairman Peter V’landys has slammed suggestions the NRL is keeping their financial situation a secret from the RLPA as CBA negotiations take an ugly turn.

The heated discussions saw NRL clubs reportedly threaten to form a rebel league as the financial stand-off with the governing body reaches breaking point.

V’landys has hit back at the players association and vocal NRL clubs who suggested the ARLC is hiding their finances, instead revealing the RLPA has been made aware of a proposal that will deliver a record $300 million in grants to the 17 teams.

the king and i GIF by dani

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6