Brawl has diverted attention from broken neck

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simmo

The NRL will never admit it, but the one incident from Friday night that had the potential to cause the most damage to the image of rugby league as a good, safe, sport for kids to play was the fact Wolfman was able to break his neck in a perfectly normal, legal, run of the mill, piece of play.

While the whole world knows about the brawl, I reckon few, if any, non league fans even realise Wolfman broke his neck in the game.

The NRL are lucky the brawl has given them an easy way to avoid facing an ugly truth and an even greater disrepute for the game.

Very true. Dozens of these type of tackles happen every match.
Thank goodness he will recover.
Get better soon Wolfman.

This is the real headline. Australian winger breaks his neck in an epic battle of the top of the table arch rivals.

Jerry1 said:
This is the real headline. Australian winger breaks his neck in an epic battle of the top of the table arch rivals.

That would be far a more damaging headline to the game than the ones we have seen in the last 48 hours.

I think Wolfie wont play NRL again. A broken neck is something too hard to risk again. Maybe give him his payout and should try acting or tv shows. Thanks for for the memories anyway recover well

Don't forget there was one positive from this episode.

I can't stand Billy Slater as I think he is a over-hyped cat, but even I have to congratulate him and young Gareth Widdop on some splendid sportsmanship ensuring Wolfman didn't cause further injury and perhaps complicating the injury.

Well done Widdop and Slater.

Okay that's over, back to dislliking him! ;)

Terry-Randal said:
I think Wolfie wont play NRL again. A broken neck is something too hard to risk again. Maybe give him his payout and should try acting or tv shows. Thanks for for the memories anyway recover well

Ben Ross did it.

bones said:
Terry-Randal said:

Ben Ross did it.
Brent Tate did as well.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10