Brad Parker - The forgotten man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kid had half of 1 good season. Is plum average at best otherwise and in injury prone.. love to keep local juniors but he couldn't possibly be in line for the centre spot.. ide have walker and suli for now (if suli is forced to be fit and not lazy again)
Our backline has been a weakness for years (especially when tom is out), if we want to be a premiership threat we can't keep park footy players like Parker in the side

.. and lack of clean opportunity .. playing outside Siro has been the blackhole of 3/4's the past 2 seasons ... Parker can beat the first defender and put his outside man away ... with Foran and schuster .. our centres may get a bit more opportunity to show their wares this year ..

PSS .. he is also becoming pretty good at taping the attacking bombs back ...
Suli plays outside of Sironen my dear Woodrow :)

I'd prefer him in the side over Walker. He may not be a better footballer but he's a better bloke, and being a good footballer isn't everything
Being a good footballer is just about everything needed on the field to win a comp .
Attitude can be taught
But
You cant teach speed
Its a God given Gift feathered friend

SPEED KILLS
AND THE FASTER YOU GO
THE BIGGER THE MESS YOU LEAVE BEHIND
maxresdefault.jpg

.. and lack of clean opportunity .. playing outside Siro has been the blackhole of 3/4's the past 2 seasons ... Parker can beat the first defender and put his outside man away ... with Foran and schuster .. our centres may get a bit more opportunity to show their wares this year ..

PSS .. he is also becoming pretty good at taping the attacking bombs back ...

Siro plays on the right. When in the centres Parker is almost always on the left.

Hence why Reubs had more colds than tries in 2020. Siro hogged the ball at back row and if it did get out further than him, Suli did the same.

Sirro was a big part of suli not getting any clean ball. But DCE gets off very lightly in these conversations on this forum in those regards

Eg. Brad parker went very well for the first 6 or 8 weeks last season because walker gave him good ball and it had nothing to do with thompson

As for garrick, suli doesnt look the greatest passer but did most of his work bringing it out of our own half as another forward.

I do recall one occasion last season where cherry gave suli early ball, he made a break and from memory got injured. Sirro certainly stifled the attack with his 2 steps off the right foot back into traffic with most of his unloads on the inside

I made points of both
Suli getting one clean pass
Sirro suited to play the other side as his right hand offload seems better suited. Not sure about his sidestep though and maybe that jinky **** needs to go anyway as he seems to always look to get his right arm free

Well we had him over Walker last year and there was no spoon
There was no spoon but there was no finals footy either and we did not live up to our Legendary clubs standing .

One thing for certain
Heads will roll if this keeps up and we keep embarrassing our Great club

That last game vs the Warriors - the miski/parker side scored tries and stopped tries.

The other side - hoppa, Harper, Garrick. Not so much. Although a nice try for Garrick off a dce pass.

Players included??
Yes

Our ginger ninja was very popular within the team environment off the field

Admittedly these were reflective of 2019 when we possibly over achieved with the return of Des and re United with others including the snake but was definitely an important cog and relied upon as much as Dylan

for all sorts of reasons I was not close enough last year to see if thIs continued

the whole social isolation and sterile restrictions of coaching team-ship and comrade that des’s teams are known for combined with injury caught us up

I have no doubt we will succeed this year and think both the ginger ninja and Dwalkz will play their roles

go manly
Players included??

If only Scorpio had a yard or two more pace than he does..... seriously. I mean, the hardest part of all this is that last year Brad became arguably the best defensive centre in the NRL bar none. What kills him is that lack of genuine pace.
He runs great lines whenever we are attacking the line as well. Very brave player, but too slow to be a strike centre.

His lack of genuine pace was compounded last season due to our two fastest players being out injured For long periods. Reuben as well. That shouldn't be a problem this season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4